Early Saver Does Rate get Cheaper

planb

Wondering if anyone has found that they booked an "earlier savers" rate and had it go down closer to the cruise. We were told if we find it discounted we can get on board credit or and upgrade. We sail in March and got our rate the end of Nov. We see the rate for the January ones went way down. Anyone? :)

I checked the price on our March 3, 2011 and this is what I saw! :eek: The thing of it is we're still 71 days out and the ES rate isn't offered. The Senior rate is $149 per person cheaper than the ES rate. we paid $949! :mad:

Luv's Crusin'

Upgrades Fun Select from $949.00

Choose your stateroom number (exact location). Fun Saver from $949.00

You pick stateroom type and we pick your location. Past Guest from $849.00

Exclusive offer for Carnival past guests Senior Rate from $799.00

Special rates for guests over 55.

Exclusive offer for Carnival past guests

Senior Rate from $799.00

I have a group of 16 cabins sailing at the end of Jan and the day of Final payment Carnival offered a Senior Rate which dropped the rate for those that booked after our initial booking. Senior Rate went down again this week and most of the group are 55+ & were booked Early Saver so even those that started with a great rate received OBC...

The younger people in our group have only seen the rate increase so I doubt they will be receiving OBC, this time it pays to have the Life Experience Rate=Senior Rate:D

I checked the price on our March 3' date=' 2011 and this is what I saw! :eek: The thing of it is we're still 71 days out and the ES rate isn't offered. The Senior rate is $149 per person cheaper than the ES rate. we paid $949! :mad:

Luv's Crusin'

Exclusive offer for Carnival past guests Senior Rate from $799.00

Exclusive offer for Carnival past guests

Senior Rate from $799.00

Special rates for guests over 55.[/quote']

If you are booked Early Saver and are 55+ you can get the difference in OBC... I just had about 10 cabins in my group get credit this week...

i booked port hole cabin ES for a 3 day on the imagination sailing 1/7.........we paid $179 and just got a $30 OBC per person for florida resident rate of $149......my daughter and her husband also got this rate........

found the new rate and filled out the form at 9:30 pm and within one hour it was approved............

cheryl

Of my two cruises one has gone down by $30 per person and the other is still the exact same price as when I booked it (except PT cabins are sold out but the 4A is still the same price).

Since my category is sold out I don't expect anymore price drops - especially since I'm not willing to give up my Porthole cabin for anything less than a 4J (which I doubt is going to drop that low in price).

I still check (especially with the new website that makes it so easy!) but I think it's more an exercise in futility at this point.

We are on one of those January cruises! Our category had sold out but yesterday, the next category up was cheaper than what we paid for ours. Submitted the price drop and got $50 OBC in addtion to being bumped up 2 floors. An 8C balcony for less than $400, not bad

I've booked ES twice before and gotten multiple rate drops on both cruises. They don't just happen a week or two before the cruise, though. On our most recent cruise the last drop came about five weeks out and then prices went back up again.

I booked our next cruise in May cruise just in time to get ES. No drops yet on that one--in fact the fare for our category went up $80 pp a few days after we booked the cabin and that's where it sits today.

It's all about load management and selling every cabin at the highest price possible. It's a pure game of supply and demand and Carnival is very good at it. If the ship isn't trending to a sellout at the posted price at any point in advance of the sailing, then cabin prices will drop. If a sailing is selling out faster than anticipated, the price of cabins will go up.

Archived