How is the rain forest?

DanielBu

Hello,

it will be our first time on St. Kitts this March and we are thinking of doing a rain forest hike (that is not too hard).

Can anybody compare the rain forest to the ones on other islands like Guadeloupe, Martinique etc? Is it smaller, bigger, better??? Would you suggest going into the rain forest on St. Kitts or is it better elsewhere?

Can anybody recommend a certain tour?

Thx. 4 any advice.

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

I've found a private guide, Javin, http://myislandstours.shutterfly.com/ourtours , who does what looks like an awesome rain-forest hike up a small river with little pools to swim in. We will be going on Jan. 12th, so I can let you know how it was when we get back. He offers a full day or half day tour.

Rainforest Hike (Cayon Ghaut/River Tour - 1/2 Day)

Cost: $50 US per adult $30 per child (13 & under)

Duration: 3-4 hours round trip (approx)

Details: Myislands Tours will pick you up at your hotel or villa and take you away to the Cayon Ghaut/Rainforest. Along the way, Javin, our knowledgeable guide will point out various wildlife and foliage, as you hike your way up the beautiful island scenery of the Cayon Ghaut. Don't forget to wear your swimsuits and bring a towel, as there are numerous opportunities to take a cool bath in one of the natural pools. Be sure to bring your camera along to snaps shots of the memorable times you'll have. This tour is great for children ages 5 and up with an adventurous spirit. (Although we have had a 3 year old do it, and he did great!)

Myislands Tours will provide a light local snack and drink, as well as a bottle of water for each hiker.

Full day: I'll pick you up at the port. From there we'd check out the sights in town Independence Square & The Circus. From there off to Black Rocks, the site of lava rocks from our last volcanic eruption. After that back into the town of Cayon where we'll hike the Cayon Ghaut (river system) into the rainforest. We'll enjoy the flora and fauna and swim in cool pools along the way. After that we'll have a light local snack/drink and then over the peninsula to a snorkel spot and then some beach time. The cost per couple is $150 US.

• 1 month later...

Guten Tag Daniel!

I'm sorry to report that our ship didn't get to dock in St. Kitts. Javin was very friendly in his emails, and the other reviews have been great, so I wouldn't hesitate to book him again, but I can't give you a first hand review...sorry.

• 1 month later...

Archived