destiny

Was it today when they were going to Caribbean on the Destiny. Hope they got away all right with the snow. Although I think one or two airports were closed most of the day. It must be so awful for them to be stuck in the airport:eek:

Yes it's awful isn't it? From this Thomson site it seems as though most flights are going on schedule - the Manchester flight on 22nd to join the Dream has been delayed by about 9 hours but it looks as though Thomson are hoping to get most of their flights off - albeit with some delays - and NO MORE SNOW! :eek::eek: Fingers crossed for everyone hoping to travel soon. :)

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/alerts/thomsonfly-travel-alert.html

Yes it's awful isn't it? From this Thomson site it seems as though most flights are going on schedule - the Manchester flight on 22nd to join the Dream has been delayed by about 9 hours but it looks as though Thomson are hoping to get most of their flights off - albeit with some delays - and NO MORE SNOW! :eek::eek: Fingers crossed for everyone hoping to travel soon. :)

hi there thanks for update kruseeka :) we go to the dream on 23rd from birmingham we will keep an eagle eye on developements from thomsons what a shame for everyone:(

Many thanks for this link. We are due to fly at 10:15a.m. on Boxing Day from Manchester to join Destiny in La Romana. Trying not to panic yet!!

Carol x

Good luck, Carol and for what it's worth the forecast today indicated that the east was where the snow was likely to hit towards the end of the week. I'll have my fingers crossed for you - and everyone else travelling.

i remember last year, we flew on the 20th from Birmingham to La Romana, was delayed for 3 hours, but that was nothing compared to Manchester, that flight was delayed so long they would have missed the boat, so they were flown out 2 days later (as we were at sea the next day), and met us in Martinique.

Think they were all given the choice of full refund and re-book, or if they decided to travel, 40% refund on their ticket (from what the passengers were saying later that week).

The Manchester Flight to Dom Rep was delayed by 1 hour, i live 20min away from the airport and have an App on my iPhone "its free and its rearly good", Manchester Airport App, it gives you all the info on Flights coming in and departing in REAL TIME, the Dom Rep flight today came in at 07.40 it should have topuched down at 06.10, so things are not that bad,, lets just hope everything is OK next Sunday when we fly hay Carol

It can't last much longer, surely? Bored with the hassle it causes now! And fed up with the cold. The Dream's webcam (on another thread) shows a temperature of 32c in Antigua, not -7c like we've had recently!!! We've spent £50 on rocksalt to keep our road clear this week as the council don't grit our side roads and we're at the top of a hill. Paul's been out twice a day spreading it.

All my evening outfits are hanging up ready to go in the suitcase, jewellery's packed, make-up and toiletries are packed, swimsuits are packed, bag of warm trousers, vests, socks and jumpers packed to leave in the car ready for when we come back in January!!

Carol x

Been looking at the Temps in Barbados and its Hot & Sunny, unlike Manchester were its COLD!!!!! Not the best time to be a Window Cleaner, even the water freezes on the Windows as im working, when that happens its time to go home "but you go home you earn NO MONEY". But hay, thats life. both me and Sara are just hopeing the weather gets better and we can fly to our ship on Sunday, Sun, Sea, Sand & ;-)

Archived