Solstice Debarkation

cruisefan2009

I read that there were many growing pains during debarkation when the Solstice moved to Pier 25. For those of you recently off the ship, have there been an improvements, or is debarkation still problematic? Thanks!

Hi there, just off the ship yesterday. We had an early flight, so we chose to self disembark. We were instructed to be in the main dining room at 7:30 ... we waited a few minutes, then they began letting us off (there were a lot of us!) We were off ship by 7:55, through customs by 8:05 and at airport by 8:20a.

No problems whatsoever... sailed through everything (pun intended!)

During the previous week, 12/12 disembark day, we experienced much longer lines with a later (10 a.m.) time off the boat. I think there weren't too many customs agents, so the line backed up.

This was fine with us - we live in town, so our taxi driver (aka son) got to sleep in. And, we enjoyed that last breakfast. ;)

I'd be interested in hearing about disembarkation from someone who got off around 8:30 or 9.

Sept Cruise. Arrived at our debarkation area 5 mins ahead of schedule, 7:30, we weren't there 10 mins and our number was called. Probably not 20 mins between walking off the ship and stepping onto the curb outside. Very quick and easy.

They called the self disembarkers at 7:43. Then we waited for a long time before they started calling the luggage tag numbers. First, it was numbers one through 4 at 8:05. They did not call the next group, 5 through 9 until after 9. The next group, 10 through 19, were called at 9:25 and finally at 9:40, they called everyone off the ship. We were green 26 and when we arrived in the terminal, I saw numbers up to 33. The line for Customs was very long, but since I use a mobility scooter, we were out of the terminal and in the cab by 9:55. I would estimate that those who were called in the last group were not out of the terminal until 10:30. There are not enough Custom's officials, and I suspect they moved most of them over to Allure.

As an aside story, I was in the computer center when a man was trying to change his flight to 7:25 AM !!!! I tried telling him that there was absolutely no way he'd make that flight. He told me I didn't know what I was talking about, that the ship would dock by 5am and that he'd be able to leave by 5:15. "I've cruised many times and I know how things work". Well, I saw him in the Grand Foyer and he obviously didn't make his flight because it was 7:45. Don't you just love those know-it-alls?

We were in group 18 on Sunday 12/19 and were to report to the Main Dining room at 8:45. We got there a little later, since we weren't in a particular hurry. Did not have any problems using the elevators that morning up to the buffet area or down to the dining room. Our number was called after about 30 minutes, the lines were longish but moved well, and we were out of the terminal by ten and in a cab on our way to Miami airport.

T

As an aside story, I was in the computer center when a man was trying to change his flight to 7:25 AM !!!! I tried telling him that there was absolutely no way he'd make that flight. He told me I didn't know what I was talking about, that the ship would dock by 5am and that he'd be able to leave by 5:15. "I've cruised many times and I know how things work". Well, I saw him in the Grand Foyer and he obviously didn't make his flight because it was 7:45. Don't you just love those know-it-alls?

Love it! Nice to meet you! Amy

Archived