Room Service for Dinner worth it?

YvonneE

I'm thinking of really relaxing and taking it easy during this cruise.

What do you think, you lucky ones who have sailed, is room service for dinner worth it?

I'm not too interested in being seen or heard, I just want a nice relaxing private time.

Thoughts?

YvonneE

Room service is fine on QE2 and QM2 although sometimes you do need to wait a while : up to an hour I've found. You can order and jump in the shower or start watching a movie while you wait of course.

Part of what you are paying is the food and service at dinner and as it is so good it would be a shame to miss out. Elaborate dishes, lots of choice and you don't need to wash up, even the dressing up need not be too much of a chore.

Ask the restaurant manager for a private table if you want to be alone. The will try to accommodate your wishes if they can.

Yvonne, I think it would be a shame to sail on the QM2 and not experience the dining room in the evening. Transat_jon has a good suggestion in requesting a table for two if you want more privacy. Order room service for breakfast or lunch, but go to the dining room in the evening. You also might enjoy trying some of the Kings Court restaurants at night. You can make a reservation for those on the phone in your cabin.

Thanks Jon and imacruizer

My situation is that I travel with medical alert dogs, so I neither want to inconvenience others, nor do I find it easy to be dressed carrying my dog around (particularly in dinner facilities).

I know I can do without them for as long as a dinner would last -and the idea of a private table may be the answer.

I've so enjoyed looking at menus of the rich and varied menus available - and if those dishes aren't available for room service, I imagine I would have wasted a bit of the "cruise" value.

I give my dogs a little liver pate each day - wonder if I'll be able to accomodate that on the ship too :confused:

Thanks for your advise

Yvonne

With as much as Cunard promotes their service, I would be surprised if they would not accommodate your special needs. I would contact them and explain your situation. I know where we sat in upper level Britania, there were some out of the way tables behind us - mostly used by the cruise director (he sat there every night) - I think you would really enjoy the nice food - and an area in Britania would be much more out of the way than King's Court. You are paying for the food and service - I'd give them a call.

I hope you have a wonderful time!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it but breakfast is my favorite meal.

Anyone can tell me about choices? I'm expecting extravagance for dinner (and yes, I'll not be having room service for dinner - based on all your comments), but wonder about the best options for dinner

YvonneE:rolleyes:

I was on the 2/19/05 cruise to the caribbian. I ordered room service for breakfast one day.

You get a door knob menu to fill out if you want a room service breakfast.

You check what you want and what time you want it delivered, included in the cruise price.

You can have darn near anything you want. I got the omlet, english bacon, toast, coffee, mixed fruit platter, and skim milk. It came with preserves, cream so thick you can almost stand a spoon up in it, butter (not margarine). It came an hour before I expected it, as I forgot about the time change.

It was hot where it should be, and cold where it should be. The only complaint I have about the QM2 food is that every piece of bread on that ship, from Brittannia, food courts, or room service was so cold and hard you could break a window with it. I think they start with frozen bread, and take it out as the week progresses, I guess you cannot bake bread at sea.

The second day, I went to the food court for breakfast, and they had more choices, including waffles, and made to order omlets, and with my commuter mug, I could walk the promanade deck while I drank my morning cup, and visit with other passengers so I never did room service after that. It is good though.

I also only did Brittania for two dinners, and one lunch. I just did not like eating at 9:00 pm. ( I asked for the 6:00 pm seating when I booked, but they could not accomodate me), a meal that late just sits in your stomach and makes it impossible to sleep. I also did not like the food at lunch in the Brittania. The QM2 club sandwich(their specialty) appeared to be a way to reuse cold leftover breakfast eggs and bacon. After lunch, we waited 30 minutes for a cup of cappucino (it was worth the wait though).

Don't miss the pork chops, rosemary chicken, chocolate martinis, cappucino,

pina colada from scratch, chocolate pie, and neopolitans.

I gained 4 lbs that week !!!!

Beth

Thanks Beth,

I'm make a mental note about your recomendations - I can feel the weight already just thinking of these things!

I'm hoping the gym is free so I can put some effort into keeping a balance of my weight by working out like crazy in the morning and enjoying all the treats at night :p

YvonneE

The gym is separate from the spa. There is no charge to use the gym. The gym has all the workout equipment, etc. I don't think there is a charge for any of the classes (such as yoga) offered by the gym but I am not sure about that. The gym is the most forward part of deck 7.

The Canyon Ranch Spa is between the gym and the Winter Garden on deck 7. There is a charge for everything in the Spa. We thought the spa was the more peaceful and relaxing part of the ship. If you book any treatments be sure to take advantage of the therapy pool, the hot tub, the saunas, etc. that are included in your spa treatment. When you book any treatment you can use the spa for the entire day. You are allowed to come and go as you like. If you don't book a treatment, you can purchase a pass for one day or several days to the therapy area of the spa.

They will be giving tours of the spa and the gym on the day you board. If you are interested in any of the treatments, this will give you more information.

Archived