(Late) Review of Navigator of the Seas 11/29/10-12/4/10--with pictures!

Dear Crave Cruising

Thanks for the great review! We were looking at booking Navigator of the Seas for November Barcelona round trip with 2 days in Alexandria. I'm sold!!

We recently tried Legend of the Seas (close to home) as a small entry taster to RCI ... but am looking forawrd to the size and activities of NOS.

The initinerary has plenty of sea days - are there plenty of activities during the day ? guest lectures, cocktail making, wine tasting, triva, dance classes etc...?

Loved the pictures - what a beautiful ship ...

Kind regards

Jane

Just got off the Navigator Dec 18-23rd. Our first time on RCI. It was fabulous. A very high energy cruise. The sports deck rocks especially on sea days. We had two 13 yo boys with us and never saw them. Windjammer food AND MDO food was terrific. Shows were great. We give it a 5-star rating. We took the Fury Catamaran excursion in Cozumel and the kids loved it. They take you out snorkeling for 45 min than to a private beach with kayaks, inflatable slides and trampolines. Terrific for families. In Grand Cayman we took a taxi to Sea Grape Beach. We had perfect weather. Capt. Patrick is great. We will return to RCI and either the Navigator or maybe try another Voyager or Freedom class ship.

>>>> Crave Cruising

>>>> Thanks for the great review and pics!

...going to book a 4 day or 5 day soon...before

Navigator sails off the Europe forever.

Larger Liberty is supposed to replace her in FLL

next year.

Thanks again,

:cool::cool:

Great review and although we were on a different itinerary, my daughter and I had a similar experience on our recent NOS cruise. The accomodations were terrific and the shows, musicians, and entertainment were far, far better than I expected. Our waiters in the MDR were definitely better than what you described-we did late dining-but the food was not. Rather disconcerting when the waiter announced on the first night that he didn't prepare the food. After several nights' dinners, I knew why he had made that point.

BTW, great pics. I didn't take alot of pictures on the ship for some reason, so appreciate you sharing yours!

Thanks for the review and pictures. We were on the Navigator 12/9 - 12/13 and loved everything except we were disappointed with the food in the main dining room. Guess we should have tried the Windjammer for dinner. We were on the Liberty in Oct/Nov and the food was much better. Different ship.....different chef.

Dee

Uh oh - we board NOS on 1/10/11 and now I'm getting nervous about the main dining room food :rolleyes: Only my 2nd cruise - first was last year on Majesty and I thought the food was wonderful (?)

Uh oh - we board NOS on 1/10/11 and now I'm getting nervous about the main dining room food :rolleyes: Only my 2nd cruise - first was last year on Majesty and I thought the food was wonderful (?)

Food reviews are one of the most subjective things you can read on here. You read reports from 2 people who were on the same cruise and one loved the food and the other thought it was garbage. I'm pretty sure we aren't going to starve that week LOL.

Dear Crave Cruising

Thanks for the great review! We were looking at booking Navigator of the Seas for November Barcelona round trip with 2 days in Alexandria. I'm sold!!

We recently tried Legend of the Seas (close to home) as a small entry taster to RCI ... but am looking forawrd to the size and activities of NOS.

The initinerary has plenty of sea days - are there plenty of activities during the day ? guest lectures, cocktail making, wine tasting, triva, dance classes etc...?

Loved the pictures - what a beautiful ship ...

Kind regards

Jane

Thank you. There are plenty of activities on sea days to keep you busy. I did not notice any guest lectures on our cruise, but I have seen them on other cruises in the past. There were wine tastings, trivia, and dance classes offered on the sea days, as well as many activities out by the pool. Also, don't miss the ice show, which was performed on our days at sea.

Thanks for the great review! We will be traveling Feb. 3, first time on Navigator, and your review has got me pumped up!

How was the weather? I noticed you didn't mention that you went swimming, snorkeling, etc. Was it to chilly to do these activities? I'm planning on bringing shorts for day and sundresses to wear at night.

Thanks again for your well written review and I'm so glad you had a great time!:)

Thanks for the great review! We will be traveling Feb. 3, first time on Navigator, and your review has got me pumped up!

How was the weather? I noticed you didn't mention that you went swimming, snorkeling, etc. Was it to chilly to do these activities? I'm planning on bringing shorts for day and sundresses to wear at night.

Thanks again for your well written review and I'm so glad you had a great time!:)

A group of 7 of us will be with you on Feb 3!

Glad to see your review as I was looking at a late Jan cruise on the Navigator in a Promenade cabin. Have never stayed in one and was wondering if you hear any noise from outside? There are some mid-ship on deck 7 for about $50 a day. Different ports(Cozumel and Grand Cayman) than yours but who cares on a 5 day. My Mom is an active 82, so no problem there. Thanks for answers...

Thanks for a great review and pics! We're off on the navigator in just a few weeks. You mentioned holding on to the cruise compass....do you still have them? I'm curious about the Royal Babies programs and activities - specifically the time they're offered. Thanks!

Thank you. There are plenty of activities on sea days to keep you busy. I did not notice any guest lectures on our cruise, but I have seen them on other cruises in the past. There were wine tastings, trivia, and dance classes offered on the sea days, as well as many activities out by the pool. Also, don't miss the ice show, which was performed on our days at sea.

Thanks Cravecruising. We are booking NOS Nov 2011 to Egypt - our second RCI and very much looking forward to it !! :)

Thanks everyone for the info ...

Kind regards

Jane

Cool! We will have 3 couples traveling with no kids! Look for us in the karoke bar, (for some reason my husband and friends think they are great singers, I have no idea why LOL!):D

Our families are staying home, just the men on this trip, but we plan to be at the karaoke bar, and we all sound great after we enforce our 6 drink min rule. :D

Thanks for the review- it looks like you two had a great time! I want to take my mom on a cruise, as she's never been on one, so hopefully I can make that happen in the next few years. Maybe I will try the Windjammer for dinner one day, and I'll make sure not to get that shrimp and fish skewer thing when I go on my next cruise in May...

Either the kareoke (sp?) machine wasn't working properly on the night we went 12/18 or the drinks weren't strong enough, or both! :)

Actually, they were having trouble with the machine and mikes. We had fun anyway. Enjoy....

Sorry to hear karaoke machine was not up to par, but I'm glad that you still had fun!

With my group, a broken mike might be a blessing!:D

Archived