CABO questions

hlb76

Does anyone have a good map of the marina in Cabo? I have never been before and I am a little confused on where things are. I know its a tender part but it sure looks like there is a lot going on in the marina. My only experience is tendering in Grand Cayman and HMC.

How far is a beach from the marina? Walkable to do we need a taxi?

My son would love to para sail is there a place he can do that? Any idea on price?

Where are the best places to shop? I'm not talking shopping for fancy stuff just your typical trinkets?

Any suggestions on a ATV tour? This might be fun for my family?

Or any other help on Cabo. We are doing a 5 day spending 2 days in Cabo. I want to whale watch and ??????

Oh yes and times I think Carnival stays on California time and I think the ports all us local time not ship time. I dont know why but this confuses the heck out of me. I have a heck of a time doing time zones.

Does anyone have a good map of the marina in Cabo? I have never been before and I am a little confused on where things are. I know its a tender part but it sure looks like there is a lot going on in the marina. My only experience is tendering in Grand Cayman and HMC.

How far is a beach from the marina? Walkable to do we need a taxi?

My son would love to para sail is there a place he can do that? Any idea on price?

Where are the best places to shop? I'm not talking shopping for fancy stuff just your typical trinkets?

Any suggestions on a ATV tour? This might be fun for my family?

Or any other help on Cabo. We are doing a 5 day spending 2 days in Cabo. I want to whale watch and ??????

Oh yes and times I think Carnival stays on California time and I think the ports all us local time not ship time. I dont know why but this confuses the heck out of me. I have a heck of a time doing time zones.

Wow, a lot of questions. I'll do my best

First the beach. It is quite a walk to Medano Beach, and in the short time that you will be there. I would take a water taxi to Medano, if it were me (about $2.00US per person.) I might also suggest rather going to Medano, just taking a Panga (small boat) to see the Arches. They will drop you off at Lover's Beach, if you like, and pick you back up later...about $10-12US per person.

As for a map, Wikimapia has a nice one that has been annotated by folks that love Cabo, I would highly recommend it.

Para-sailing can be done right at the cruise docks $30-35US per person.

They winch you right off of the back of the boat...better (IMHO) than a beach launch.

Places to shop...that depends entirely on what you are shopping for.

There is a great flea market right at the cruise docks that we love, as well as a smaller one down the Marina just a bit (easy walking distance.) Stop at Captain Tony's for a cold beer.

There are lots of small shops in "old town" which is just a few blocks away from the Marina. All sorts of treasures and "genuine" bargains.

Cabo is a very safe and friendly town. We fell in love with it in just the nine hours that NCL allowed us. We now forgo the cruise ship, and stay a week at a time in Cabo.

ATV's....there are several ATV tours, but I have never done any of them, so cannot comment. Hopefully, someone else will chime in.

You can also click on one of the links of the sponsors here. I know that they offer them. We have personally used Johann & Sandra for other adventures and were pleased with their tours.

Hope this helps.

You'll love the MR!

How far is a beach from the marina? Walkable to do we need a taxi? The main beach in Cabo is Medano- it is the only one that is both swimmable and has facilities (bars, restaurants, water sports) It is a very long walk around the marina or a 10 minute water taxi or regular taxi ride away.

My son would love to para sail is there a place he can do that? Any idea on price? Yes, on the beach mentioned above.

Where are the best places to shop? I'm not talking shopping for fancy stuff just your typical trinkets? The beach will be full of vendors selling their wares. You can also walk into town. Cabo is small and very walkable. There is a market right next to the tender dock that is full of stalls of things to buy.

Any suggestions on a ATV tour? This might be fun for my family? You can email my friend Marcie who owns www.caboplanner.com and she can advise you on ATV tours.

Or any other help on Cabo. We are doing a 5 day spending 2 days in Cabo. I want to whale watch and ?????? Not sure when you are going, whale season goes until the beginning of March. Best to book a tour ahead of time if you want to do that. I like both Pez Gato and EcoCat.

Oh yes and times I think Carnival stays on California time and I think the ports all us local time not ship time. I dont know why but this confuses the heck out of me. I have a heck of a time doing time zones. Just make sure to change your watch to whatever time the ship is using- easy!

See above for suggestions! We spend at least 4 weeks a year in Cabo so please let me know if you have any other questions.

Archived