Blow up Pool

i2ukus

That's funny and you're right! Babies not only don't need to be on a cruise, the parents shouldn't hog up space with all their play things and accessories.

Certainly no one "needs" to be on a cruise, whether that be adult or child, though I'd be awfully grumpy if I didn't get to fulfill that cruising "want" at least once a year. People bringing babies are paying the same 3rd person rate as an adult.

With regard to the inflatable pool, while I am well past the baby stage, I would think putting something small like that cute little duck tub shown in the pic in the children's pool area would not be an issue. You will have other parents there enjoying family vacation time & could appeciate your effort to keep your child cool and entertained. Balcony a good suggestion but many people have inside or oceanview cabins.

Certainly no one "needs" to be on a cruise, whether that be adult or child, though I'd be awfully grumpy if I didn't get to fulfill that cruising "want" at least once a year. People bringing babies are paying the same 3rd person rate as an adult.

With regard to the inflatable pool, while I am well past the baby stage, I would think putting something small like that cute little duck tub shown in the pic in the children's pool area would not be an issue. You will have other parents there enjoying family vacation time & could appeciate your effort to keep your child cool and entertained. Balcony a good suggestion but many people have inside or oceanview cabins.

I also am pass the baby stage, and I do agree that pool is really cute, however can you imagine multiple little pools around the deck chairs?? it's just like not allowing floating devices in the pool, it would get way too crowded. I think they should be allowed but only the in kids' pool area, not the deck around the main pool.

A working adult "needs" a vacation more than a child and if it costs that much to bring a baby, all the more reason not to take them along.

Wow, I really didn't realize how a simple question would turn into people berating me for bringing my baby along. I have tried to avoid all the negative comments as I think these people are the ones with a problem but if you would like a non family style cruise line....then go somewhere else. I will not leave my child at home and I will not stay home either. Get a life and move on from attacking people who like to have family vacations!

Wow, I really didn't realize how a simple question would turn into people berating me for bringing my baby along. I have tried to avoid all the negative comments as I think these people are the ones with a problem but if you would like a non family style cruise line....then go somewhere else. I will not leave my child at home and I will not stay home either. Get a life and move on from attacking people who like to have family vacations!

Exactly! Just, filter thru the negative comments to get the answer you are looking for. I personally have never seen a blow up pool on deck but think that you could probably fill it up with the the shower water or possibly have some of the pool staff help you out. There is plenty of deck space for everyone, so as long as the pool isn't blocking a walkway, you should be fine.

If people have a problem with it(which I doubt most people will care), they can move to another spot on deck. I would rather see little blow up pools on deck with babies in them vs. seeing those babies in the in the regular pools.

Enjoy your trip!

That's funny and you're right! Babies not only don't need to be on a cruise, the parents shouldn't hog up space with all their play things and accessories.

How rude! I can't believe some of the responses this poster has gotten over a simple question - if you don't like kids, don't choose a family cruise line. For your reference, these would include Carnival, RCCL, and NCL - you need to go to higher end cruise lines where the average passenger age is 75+ - and even then I'm sure you'll see infants. People like you who don't appreciate the fact that families are important to some of us need to move to your own special island. Get a life!

how rude! I can't believe some of the responses this poster has gotten over a simple question - if you don't like kids, don't choose a family cruise line. For your reference, these would include carnival, rccl, and ncl - you need to go to higher end cruise lines where the average passenger age is 75+ - and even then i'm sure you'll see infants. People like you who don't appreciate the fact that families are important to some of us need to move to your own special island. Get a life!

amen!!

I also am pass the baby stage, and I do agree that pool is really cute, however can you imagine multiple little pools around the deck chairs?? it's just like not allowing floating devices in the pool, it would get way too crowded. I think they should be allowed but only the in kids' pool area, not the deck around the main pool.

Agree - That's exactly why I also suggested in the kids' pool area.

Enjoy your family vacation - nothing better. We are going in March and the grandkids 4 & 2 will be there as well - part of the family and many people to help keep them happy. Happy children - happy adults! Enjoy. :)

My family is important to me too but still wouldn't bring a baby on a cruise.

But that is your choice and that is fine. We have traveled alone and with family - and always enjoy both. Its what you make it. My 4 year old grandson has been all over and probably has traveled more in his 4 short years than alot of adults. he knows how to behave. Mom and Dad also get their time. The important thing to remember is we all have a choice and that choice is right for them.

I am not sure if you understand what type of pool I am bringing as it is technically a blow up tub....so it is quite small and will fit in the shower bottom. Again, I am frustrated that I feel I must justify my choice of bringing my 18 month old along with me but I can't even count the number of people who have come up and complimented me on how well behaved my child is in restaurants. I find myself to be a rather considerate person and would make a good choice as to where to place it as well...of course I wouldn't put it in peoples way...I don't think I own the ship!!!!!!!!! However, my child has just as much right to go on this cruise as anyone else and you know what maybe she will cry a little bit here and there but that doesn't mean she has to stay at home.

On another note, I certainly appreciate all those that stood up for me and can appreciate and understand where I am coming from!! Thank you for your support!

Why does it have to be "either or"? As in either bring your own pool or the main pool becomes a fecal tea bag? What if parents started bringing these too because their toddler is too small to play on the real basketball court? :rolleyes:

If their kid is at risk of dropping a load on the basketball court, I say bring it. :cool:

I am not sure if you understand what type of pool I am bringing as it is technically a blow up tub....so it is quite small and will fit in the shower bottom. Again, I am frustrated that I feel I must justify my choice of bringing my 18 month old along with me but I can't even count the number of people who have come up and complimented me on how well behaved my child is in restaurants...

Don't sweat it, nor feel like you have to apologize. I have always brought my kids with me (on Disney and Carnival), even when they were infants. If you don't like kids, sailing Carnival is like a vegetarian going to a steak house.

OP - I think your pool is a great idea and who cares what these negative people say. I have gone on cruises with and without kids and both are great. My now 12 year old daughter has gone on several cruises and loves them. So go and have fun. Its not like you are asking any of them to babysit for you! :D

Archived