Fort Lauderdale question...

dm5201

Princess usually uses Pier 2 but if more than one Princess ship is in port, it will use others. We have been on the Ruby three times...twice from Pier 2 and the 3rd time from 29.

The Ruby is a fantastic ship...you will love her...enjoy your cruise.

PortEverglades-map.jpg

I hope this doesn't sound like an ignorant question, but am I notified at some point at which pier the Princess Ruby will be in? This is our first cruise and I'm from the Midwest...thanks for your quick replies.

I hope this doesn't sound like an ignorant question, but am I notified at some point at which pier the Princess Ruby will be in? This is our first cruise and I'm from the Midwest...thanks for your quick replies.

We have never been "notified" as to which Pier. The taxi drivers usually know. There is a hugh electronic sign as you enter the port from 17th St. by the security guardshack as to which ship is in which pier.

A word of caution, however. There are websites that will tell you which pier is planned for your ship. Last minute changes do occur. One time we were heading for Pier 2 and handed our luggage into the steveadores only to find that our Princess ship was at another pier. It was panic to find our luggage and get to the proper pier when we found out the mistake.

Archived