Jeep Excursion...?

lcbandt

Hello! Earlier I read someone describe a Jeep excursion they took while in Belize. Basically you drive a Jeep through the jungle etc etc :) I've been trying to find an excursion my husband would love for our May Valor cruise, and this would definitely fit the bill. I can't find it anywhere though! Does anyone know where this is offered? Thanks!

I just got off the Carnival Legend and we did this excursion. We loved it! So much fun! It wsa the 4x4 Land Rover and Cave expedition excursion. First a boat takes you from the ship down a jungle river where you crocodile watch and see iguanas up in the trees. Then it takes you to where your jeeps are. They are open air jeeps like an african safari. You get to drive them but they are stick shift. You go through the village of Hattieville then as you get near the rainforest you off road them through the jungle to get to the top of a mountain. Along the way we saw a bunch of wild bulls. As we were off roading when you look down its just a cliff and then the river straight down. Once at the top we hiked through the jungle just a little ways, crossed over a swing bridge and then went through a cave. Afterwards they served us lunch which they said was what they eat for their sunday dinner. They also give you rum punch. Then a bus takes you to Belize City to the port.

I do recommend you buy bug spray. We were eaten alive by Noseeums. Couldn't see them but everytime they bit it was like someone taking a match to your skin. We were bitten multiple multiple times and 5 days later I am still itching like crazy. Way worse than any mosquito bite in my opinion!

• 1 month later...

Archived