Just back from Mariner

Just back from the 6/13-6/20 sailing of the Mariner. I'll do a full review later, but for now if anyone has any questions I'll be glad to answer them. icon_smile.gif

Mariner of the Seas 06/2004

Grand Princess 01/2002

Ocean Princess 02/2001

What is your favorite/fondest memory from this cruise?

Sea Ya when I Sea Ya!!!

"We can change the world in our minds, but only our actions will make the difference!"

"Best friends are like broken elevators...They'll never let you down!"

Mariner of the Seas Again 4/05

Mariner of the Seas 7/04

Enchantment of the Seas 09/03

Voyager of the Seas 04/03

Carnival Fantasy 09/01

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Honeymooning on the Mariner!

Hi i will be on the mariner on 8/29 with 5 other people. now i went on the voyager last summer and had a balcony, this year i will also have a balcony, they said that on the mariner the balconys are built different, is that true???

Also as i understand we do have to pay for ben n kerrys ice cream?? if so how $$.

now does it smell like a new boar (paint wise)

I hope you had a wonderful time i cant wait!!!

mos 8/29/04

vos 8/31/03

brianandtanya - I don't think I can pick just one memory! I loved Orient beach in St. Maarten, laying (sleeping) by the pool, really great entertainment, laughing till I cried on several occasions, good food and great service... the list goes on.

lestrela - I don't know what the balconies are like on the voyager, so I can't compare. Ours had 2 chairs and a small table. That was about all it would fit. I was wishing it had a lounge chair on it, but it was still wonderful. You do have to pay for Ben & Jerry's, but I don't remember how much. There is unlimited free soft serve ice cream always available. I didn't notice any funny smells.

Grand Princess 01/2002

Ocean Princess 02/2001

They had line dancing classes by the pool, and I'm pretty sure I heard an announcement about ballroom dancing. That might have been it for official dance activities, but the different lounges had all different types of music to dance to - from typical nightclub to latin dance music, to ballroom and jazz. Hope that helps.

Grand Princess 01/2002

Ocean Princess 02/2001

It sounds like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to reading your review!

Lisa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas - Oct. 2003

Hi i will be on the mariner on 8/29 with 5 other people. now i went on the voyager last summer and had a balcony, this year i will also have a balcony, they said that on the mariner the balconys are built different, is that true???

On the Navigator and Mariner, the balcany railings are glass to the floor, on the *older* ships, it is metal.

Have fun planning :-)

We will be sailing on the Mariner on Oct. 3rd, I have a few quick questions:

What time were you able to board the ship?

What time was your cabin available?

What did you do in Nassau?

Troy

You are allowed to board by 11am (unless there is a situation from the previous cruise). The rooms are usually done by 1:30pm (at least on the MOS on 5/23/04).

Nassau I can't comment on, did go in 1996 and did a beach day but will let you know once I cruise my 9/19 cruise.

Ok, I have read the answer several times but I confess, I can't now find the answer. I recall the Mariner has two formal nights, but then is it two dress casual and three casual or only one dress casual and four casual. Just trying to pack the correct number of jackets.

Off we go Saturday afternoon for Sunday boarding.

the rest are casual. We saw that most people dressed accordingly but the smart casual seems to confuse peopel. There was a wide range of casual to sparkely on that night. I was surprised that there was a couple of people in the dining room in jeans on 2 different nights. On the 2nd formal a girl who looked about 11 or so came in wearing jean shorts and ate in the dining room.

Archived