Renting go-carts or dune buggy's?

WoodyStang

See my post.. under the "Dune Buggy/snorkel Tours".. post. I'm not sure what the go-carts are, but we passed a group on small ATV's as they were coming back. Boy. were they dusty looking... but seemed to having a good time. Our guide said it was only an hour or so tour. Ours left at 10:30a and returned at 4p and included lunch at our beach- a group was from the Imagination (I think) and said they had to be back at 4:30.

Here's the site I used-- http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/tours/dunebuggy.php. .. I think it was or was part of Tarzan Tours.

I'm sure you will enjoy yourself whatever you do. Cozumel is a beautiful island.

............ Judy .........

They also rent jeeps $50 w insurance and scooters $30/day

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Zaandam Feb, 26 and booked the dune buggy/snorkle excursion from the ship. We were met on the dock and taken to the dune buggy's. They seat four to a buggy and everyone over 16 with a license can drive. Luck with us was a woman jumped in first and almost rammed the buggy in front of her so my husband, being a good driver, drove the rest of the time. We first were taken to the snorkle area. The water was a little rough going in but they had people helping you. The area was pretty clear but not an extreme amount of fish, he had to hunt for them. Afterwards we loaded up to ride to the beach area and lunch. It was a good ride but on paved roads no off road like we thought. We were taken to a beautiful beach area to swim, volleyball or lounge under thatched umbrellas with blankets until lunch was ready. Lunch was very good and plenty for seconds. We then proceded on and taken to a store called "The Pee Pee Station", take a minute to get your gifts there, they are very reasonable and you can get them to lower their prices. We then went to town where you could stay or go to the shopping area near the ship. If you stay you will have to provide your own way back to the ship, we went to the peir. The shops there are not so ready to lower prices but it was not extremely expensive. Hope this has helped and take sunscreen, its hot.

Archived