Music for reception from ipod dock?

missymac222

Just wondering if anyone has used an ipod dock of some sorts to play music for the reception. TWE said it will be $200 for someone to put the cd in the machine...That is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I will have all the songs in order, just has to be put in and press play. My parents own a nice BOSE ipod docking station that has great speakers and I'm just wondering if anyone has done this?? I don't want loud music at all as it is.. opinions? :confused:

Just wondering if anyone has used an ipod dock of some sorts to play music for the reception. TWE said it will be $200 for someone to put the cd in the machine...That is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! I will have all the songs in order, just has to be put in and press play. My parents own a nice BOSE ipod docking station that has great speakers and I'm just wondering if anyone has done this?? I don't want loud music at all as it is.. opinions? :confused:

I am wondering the same thing, as my fiance and I have an iPod dock we would like to use. I am getting married on the golden princess in July 2011. I would definitely like some music playing, but I'm not at all interested in paying $200!!

I am just now really starting to get everything planned, with it almost being 2011, I realized I better get started! :)

That's really what I want to do, too. I have a good set of iPod speakers (not Bose, but still good) and I use them during trainings all the time. They are loud and clear enough for that... the wedding coordinator STRONGLY advised against it... but the technical person who can plug the iPod into their system for $75 is already taken (of course, that has been for everything I want but I am not going to let it get me down) and I don't want the DJ for two reasons: 1, I don't want Top 40 - I have songs I want and 2, I definitely don't want the disco...

I'm thinking of the trio or quartet but I have songs I really want to play...

We spent the extra money for the social (music) host and it was worth it. For the ceremony we had 4 cd's. They say you can have up to 3, but no on even questioned our 4th cd. For the reception we had an additional 5 cd's. I broke it down so they would know exactly when to play which one and the followed it exactly. It was well worth the money and the music was exactly how I wanted it. The only other person I would have trusted to follow the music instructions exactly was my husband :). I didn't want to burden any of the wedding party or any of our guests to have to deal with the music. I wanted everyone at our wedding to enjoy themselves. And they did!

If you are choosing your own ceremony music then yes you must pay the $200. And since you all ready paid the $200 they will do your reception as well at no additional cost.

But if you are using TWE's ceremony music, then you are suppose to pay $200 for someone to operate the CD player. (which is crazy!)

Although, I have heard on this board of people bringing their own iPod & dock. Not sure how strict TWE will be with this.

I wanted my own music for the ceremony so I paid the $200 and made the CD's for the reception.

If you are choosing your own ceremony music then yes you must pay the $200. And since you all ready paid the $200 they will do your reception as well at no additional cost.

But if you are using TWE's ceremony music, then you are suppose to pay $200 for someone to operate the CD player. (which is crazy!)

Although, I have heard on this board of people bringing their own iPod & dock. Not sure how strict TWE will be with this.

I wanted my own music for the ceremony so I paid the $200 and made the CD's for the reception.

I am going with the lousey ceremony music from TWE paperwork. however, i am refusing to pay $200 for someone to put a cd in a machine and press play. that is insane! My hubbie to be works with computers day in, day out. however we know they wont let us put a cd in the machine.. so im not paying someone $200 to do such.. so I want to just use an ipod dock. Im pretty sure TWE is just following their rules/guidelines but when I get on the ship the wedding planner onboard wont care... ugh!

Hello all!

We got married March 2010 in St Thomas and although we had our own Ipod with music with us for after the ceremony, I had not thought about what music we were going to have before/after! We used Island Bliss Weddings as a wedding planner and she had already said she would take ipod speakers with her! Luckily she also had some appropriate music for my 'walk' down the sand to my husband!!

We did not pay anything extra for this at all, was included in the package. I know that there are lots of copyright laws for playing music but we didnt have this to pay or worry about!!

Good luck all!! If your day is half as good as ours you will love it!!

Jackie:D

Every cruise line has different packages for music so some info on here could be incorrect. What I was told is I could bring an iPod, laptop, or boom-box and supply my own music but they could not guarantee there would be an outlet near by to plug into. This was told to me by TWE got married on RCI

Every cruise line has different packages for music so some info on here could be incorrect. What I was told is I could bring an iPod, laptop, or boom-box and supply my own music but they could not guarantee there would be an outlet near by to plug into. This was told to me by TWE got married on RCI

did you do that/ did it work or have you not done it yet? ugh they all say different things!!! :mad: thanks!

they said they could supply the boom box they use for the ceremony if we needed it. I brought my laptop, external speakers, CDs, had use of the boom box. I don't know if there was an outlet or not because we never even turned on any music for the reception.

I had a small group, 25 people mostly family. We asked if anyone wanted music on or wanted to dance and no one was really interested. Out of the 25 of us, we live in 11 different states so everyone was happy just having a celebration/ social gathering. If that makes sense.

Those that sailed with us shared in some party time during the cruise.

This wasn't the first wedding for either of us so some traditional things were less important to us, I guess you could say. And on a final note... if my husband could get out of having to dance he will find that loop hole that gets him out of it!! LOL My first dance was with his brother! LOL

For my sister-in-law's wedding in 2007 on carnival, they went with the standard wedding music for the ceremony and just brought their own portable boombox to play music for the reception.

The wedding coordinator etc. didn't care.

They make thing so hard for people who don't want to spend so much extra for an hour or so of music. We were paying a DJ about $600 for 6 hours of music that included the ceremony and reception. So I guess $100 an hour would be a fair price on the ship. But when your saying $200 or more for an hour, it becomes beyond ridiculous!

For my sister-in-law's wedding in 2007 on carnival, they went with the standard wedding music for the ceremony and just brought their own portable boombox to play music for the reception.

The wedding coordinator etc. didn't care.

Thank you!!!!!!!!! :)

They make thing so hard for people who don't want to spend so much extra for an hour or so of music. We were paying a DJ about $600 for 6 hours of music that included the ceremony and reception. So I guess $100 an hour would be a fair price on the ship. But when your saying $200 or more for an hour, it becomes beyond ridiculous!

6 hours??? how are you getting so much time?

6 hours??? how are you getting so much time?

This was not for our cruise ship wedding.

At first we had a hotel atrium (ceremony space) & ballroom (reception space) booked and this is what we were paying for 6 hours.

This was not for our cruise ship wedding.

At first we had a hotel atrium (ceremony space) & ballroom (reception space) booked and this is what we were paying for 6 hours.

LOL Thank you! I thought NCL was offering up something I missed last year. Although my husband and I had no say so in which cruise we were going on and the wedding was kind of an after thought to the planning

Archived