Princess Excursions That Include Blackbeard's Castle

cruzintiger

Can anyone tell me if you take either of the Princess Excursions that include Blackbeard's Castle, do you have to be able to walk up the 99 steps? My mother will be on the Ruby next month and was interested in these excursions but concerned about the steps.

Thanks for any input!!

When we took the tour 2 years ago we were dropped off at the end of the tour at Blackbeard's Castle. We then had the option of getting a cab at our cost or walking DOWN the 99 steps which will bring you back into town. There are multiple historic sites on the way down to visit.

I'm not sure if they changed things since then.

I tried to check on the Princess website but all I found was a tour which was a bit different than what we took and included Magen's Bay. There is a sub note that indicates the tour has substancial activity required. I'll list what I copied below.

SPECIAL NOTES

Your tour includes transportation from/to the ship and includes Main Street for recommended shopping. When you are ready to head back to the ship, hop aboard the Harbour Safari for the final part of your tour--a short harbor cruise back to the ship. Please consult your port & shopping map provided onboard for downtown boat dock location. Tour duration is approximately 4 to 6 hours depending upon your personal touring and shopping time. There is a swimming pool for your use at Blackbeard's Hill. There are numerous steps to walk down from Blackbeard's to Main Street. Due to this, and the walking involved at Blackbeard's, the activity level is substantial rather than moderate. There are swimming pools for your use at Blackbeard's Hill. Wear a swimsuit and bring a towel. Changing facilities are available.

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

We went on a shore excursion that included visiting Blackbeard's Castle, and the tour bus takes you to the castle as the last stop of the excursion, and then it's up for you to get transportation back to the ship. You will need to walk down the stairs (not up them). If I remember correctly, it was not a short walk to get to the area to catch a taxi. There were people stopping us along the way, to try to sell us things, but we were more concerned about getting back to the ship in time. This was about 2 years ago, so things might have changed since then.

Archived