Dream VS Liberty

mnh

Trying to decide on a summer cruise for myself and 2 granddaughters (8 and 12). In the last several years we have been cruising on RCL....but we do like Carnival. With the prices that RCL is posting these days we thought we would jump back to Carnival.

I know Dream is new....been to the ports (both Eastern and Western)....Liberty is older....never been to Half Moon Cay or Turks and Caicos.

All that being said we do love the ship more than the ports....leaning towards Dream....thoughts or pitures?

Thanks

Trying to decide on a summer cruise for myself and 2 granddaughters (8 and 12). In the last several years we have been cruising on RCL....but we do like Carnival. With the prices that RCL is posting these days we thought we would jump back to Carnival.

I know Dream is new....been to the ports (both Eastern and Western)....Liberty is older....never been to Half Moon Cay or Turks and Caicos.

All that being said we do love the ship more than the ports....leaning towards Dream....thoughts or pitures?

Thanks

mnh,

We've sailed both; Dream earlier this year and Liberty three times. We're currently booked on our 4th Liberty cruise in April '11 going to Half Moon Cay which is our favorite port and we're planning to sail Dream again in '12.

It's a tough call because Liberty is our favorite ship, but since you're sailing mainly for the ship I'd recommend Dream; it has more for you and more for your kids than Liberty. Be aware that Dream is a chair hog magnet.

I agree with Paul. If the ship is the priority, the Dream would probably be the better choice. Even though Liberty does get great reviews, Dream has alot more going on and more features on the ship. We loved the Dream, but will some day be taking that itinerary (Half Moon Cay/Grand Turk/etc) on the Liberty.

Dream is state of the art, the decor is toned down for Carnival as well. It is huge, but the kids will have a great time. Camp Carnival does a great job with the kids, we always saw them on the ship doing something.

She is huge though.

Archived