Riverside vs Radisson Ft Lauderdale Hotels

Italian Nancy

Being Canadian, I can't use Priceline to bid on a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. The two I like best are the Riverside Inn and the Radisson. Expedia is showing a rate for the Riverside at approx. $105.00 US, and the Radisonn @ $122.00

any suggestions which one I should take

thanks

I have never heard of the other one. We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Dania. It is a new hotel build 1 or 2 years ago and rec'd nice reviews. The will pick us up at the airport and take us to the pier for free. We are paying $161 a night. Some hotels will charge you extra for the airport and pier so you need to make sure up front. This is our first cruise Zuiderdam 3/5 yea next week....I still have so much to do:eek:

Two totally different animals......Radisson is recently built, no charm in a nothing neghborhood. You can almost walk to port but who would ? The property is first class physically but lacks the charm,warmth and mostly the location of the Riverside on Las Olas Blvd. The rates quoted by you are very good for either of them. My choice having been at both is the Riverside by more than a length.:)

From what I read on the hotel site, there should be lots of boat traffic, i.e. yachts, the rooms look great and the pool area overlooking the river a nice touch. Walking distance to restaurants and shop and from what I can tell the water taxi will take you to the Galleria Mall

You ought to look into getting an all day water taxi fare ticket... then you could explore Ft Lauderdale from the 17th Street Causeway bridge north to the many eating places on the intercoastal as well as the New River sites. You can spend a whole day just visiting the various stops on the water taxi route.

Being Canadian, I can't use Priceline to bid on a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. The two I like best are the Riverside Inn and the Radisson. Expedia is showing a rate for the Riverside at approx. $105.00 US, and the Radisonn @ $122.00

any suggestions which one I should take

thanks

Yes you can use priceline, I do and have had no problems (used 3 times now). You need to :trick: the system I learned this from someone else on this board.

Put your normal address

State I put :CA

Zip Code :99999

I put my real name (obviously) and credit card number.

I will see if I can re-find that post on here for you to read it all.

Good luck.

Archived