Why are suite perks upsetting?

MBprincess

Gosh, doesn't more money mean you are better than everyone else?

And I do disagree with cruises reserving certain times "in case" a suite passenger MIGHT want to dine at that hour. Insane. Now if you want to actually allow them to make their reservation a day earlier that would be fine.

Perhaps they just don't want to dine with other riff raff? Or have to sit close to them. Perfume not expensive enough?

I agree - if the airlines are paying to manage the TSA security lines (and not tax payers) then it makes sense. If the lines are paid for by my taxes then it doesn't. I'm not sure which is true but someone claimed the airlines/airports manage/pay for the line management.

Think of it this way: back before plane hijackings and 9/11 the entire path of travel from curb to plane was managed by the airline industry and was generally unimpeded. At one point, the number of "meeters and greeters" around the gates got unmanageable, especially at smaller terminals, and some started to restrict gate access to ticketed passengers only by inserting an agent (privately employed) to check boarding passes. Then metal detectors were deemed necessary, and they were inserted, manned again by private agents. Finally, 9/11 happened and TSA was inserted into the process. The role of TSA is strictly security; traffic flow is still in the hands of the airports so long as security is not compromised. Most interestingly, a growing number of airports are now substituting private security firms for TSA, thereby eliminating the tax-paid, government presence altogether.

Archived