Crane Beach

travelingtrish

Has anyone been to Crane Beach recently? How much was the cab ride? Are there chair rentals available? Can you buy a hotel day pass ?

I haven't been there personally, but in searching day pass info I found that taxis seem to run around $30-40 ea way to Crane. Here's a previous post with info on the day pass and such...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=26199432&highlight=crane+taxi#post26199432

I have found that most (if not all) of the hotels that offer day passes don't advertise them on their websites. It seems the pricing for them changes quite frequently, so I would say calling them directly is the best way to go. If you're not "dead set" on Crane Beach, <barbadosdaypass dot com> also offers day passes to several different resorts (all include some sort of meal and at least one drink).

Hope this helps.

I would highly recommend Cranes, one of the most special beaches we have been. It would cost alot too cab there as it is a ways away from port. We took the local bus, it worked out great.

The day we were there there was a vendor selling cheap Caribs on the beach or you can take to stairs up to cranes resort for a drink or food.

Here is some details on the bus.

The public buses in Barbados are operated by the Transport Board. Their website is at http://www.transportboard.com (it needs improvement).

The buses to Crane Beach depart from the Fairchild Street bus terminal. From the port walk straight out onto Princess Alice Highway into downtown Bridgetown. Go past Heroes Square, turn right onto Bridge Street, cross over the bridge, and the bus terminal will be on the left just before Fairchild Street. You'll probably want to take route 12A.

The fare is BBD 1.50 (equal to USD 0.75).

As with all transportation there are sometimes accidents where individuals get hurt. But overall the bus service is reasonably safe.

Buses return along the same route to the Fairchild Street bus terminal.

Buses operate about every 30 minutes. See the website for details.

quote.gif multiquote_off.gif

I just received an email reply from The Crane regarding their day passes that I thought I would pass along...

"Due to our high occupancy rates this month, we have suspended our Day Pass program. You can, however, feel free to come and have lunch with us. You can use our beach access but not our chairs. You can always let us know if to book you into lunch at one of our restaurants."

Archived