Which Stingray City tour?

ccjjmom

Hi,

I can't decide which Stingray city tour. There will be 6 of us...17, 14, 11 and 8. Which one is the easiest and best tour for our money.

~Captain Marvin

~Moby Dicks

~Captain Brian, Buccaneer Excursion

Thanks in advance!

We used Captain Marvin's last March and were very pleased with them. They took credit card number for deposit but did not charge the card. We paid cash when we checked in. If for some reason the ship misses that port....they DON'T charge you. They were very easy to find upon exiting the tender area. I had lots of questions and they responded very quickly to all my emails!

We added on the Turtle Farm/Hell excursion and my daughters (16 & 20) really enjoyed the turtles. You get to hold the baby turtles! Very cool!!

Ha ha i just posted the same question! to many choices!:confused:

Hi,

I can't decide which Stingray city tour. There will be 6 of us...17, 14, 11 and 8. Which one is the easiest and best tour for our money.

~Captain Marvin

~Moby Dicks

~Captain Brian, Buccaneer Excursion

Thanks in advance!

we also did the turtle/hell trip after capt marvins. Hell was a whatever for me. Its a photo stop, kinda fun. You're only there a few mins but, somewhat surprising to me, we all loved the turtles. Even my 20 and 22 yr old sons thought they were really fun. I wish we would have skipped hell and spent an extra 15 mins with the turtles!

• 2 weeks later...

We went with stingraysailing . com last October and had a wonderful time. Chip will only take up to 28 on his catamaran at a time...so it is not crowded at all. Loved his personal service, loved everything about it! I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Actually old friend went in November and I told him about Chips catamaran and he booked it too and had nothing but good to say. :)

I've used Captain Marvins several times and they've been great each time. There is a YouTube video of their half-day tour to Stingray City, the Coral Gardens and the Barrier Reef that can't be beaten and the price is better than the cruise ships (that only go to Stingray City)

We used Capt Bryan and were very happy. This time we are booking a private excursion with Outrage, only $400 for the six of us on our own boat! John Michael will pick us up at the dock, take us where we want to go - and he has great reviews. If you do the whole day excursion he will take you tubing and he has poles in the boat if you want to drop a line. He also will take you to Rum Point for lunch if you want.

We booked Stingraysailing.com also.They have some of the best reviews on CC and tripadvisor.There are a couple of videos on youtube also.I am booked with them for Feb 11 2011 on the CC Glory.I would take a catamaran anyday.The also have freee fruit and a bar on board with ice cold beer from the sounds of it..thesawch

We booked Stingraysailing.com also.They have some of the best reviews on CC and tripadvisor.There are a couple of videos on youtube also.I am booked with them for Feb 11 2011 on the CC Glory.I would take a catamaran anyday.The also have freee fruit and a bar on board with ice cold beer from the sounds of it..thesawch

You will love it! The "bar" is actually a cooler with soda and beer (free bottled water along with your fruit). If you want another type of drink I believe you just email Michelle. The catamaran was awesome...we laid out on the front part as we headed to the stingrays. Such a personal touch from this company! You won't regret it! If you want some local cuisine, try Corita's Copper Kettle...little hole in the wall place not far from the port. Chip will give you directions to it if you ask him! Enjoy!! I am envious...I miss it!

We went with stingraysailing . com last October and had a wonderful time. Chip will only take up to 28 on his catamaran at a time...so it is not crowded at all. Loved his personal service, loved everything about it! I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Actually old friend went in November and I told him about Chips catamaran and he booked it too and had nothing but good to say. :)

Just an FYI- I emailed Chip about the stringray/snorkel tour, and was told there were "29" more spots open. So obviously he takes more than 28!

Just an FYI- I emailed Chip about the stringray/snorkel tour, and was told there were "29" more spots open. So obviously he takes more than 28!

They have two trips a day.. when I went there were only 12 people on the Far Tortuga with lots of room to move around, and it was a experience that I will never forget. I am going again next week and have booked with http://www.stingraysailing.com again.

So sorry, I was off by one!:o Not a huge difference in my opinion. There were only about 12 - 15 people on our sailing.

His website says:

Our trips are done on the sailing catamaran the Far Tortuga. .The Far Tortuga is forty-three feet long and twenty feet wide. What does this mean to the average person? Space, and lots of it. With trips with a maximum of twenty nine people there is always lots of room aboard the Far Tortuga.

Sorry if I misled anyone by reporting one less! You will still have a good time even with an extra person on board!! ;)

We just returned from the Carnival Liberty. I booked the Buccanneer Stingray excursion through Island Marketing online before we left home. We had about 7 adults and 3 kids. Some of the adults were elderly.

After arriving at the Watler pier from the ship, the Island Marketing table was easy to find and the young lady working there was very friendly and helpful. We paid our balance of 80% and waited for the departure time. She then led us to a little bus. The bus made 2 stops at hotels along the way to pick up a few extra people for the excursion. After arriving at the Buccanneer catamaran, Leon, the boat captain and guide was very helpful and explained everything all along the way. I'd say about half of us got in the water and half stayed aboard. Everyone had a good time. They had water in a cooler and punch on the boat, self-service. It came in handy. The whole excursion experience was good and I would do it again. The company is actually Captain Bryan's and the excursion was $39 US per adult.

Thanks for all the feedback. We leave next week and I still haven't decided which one to use. They all sound great. I will most likely go with the cheapest one(Captain Marvins), since we have 4 kids. Everything adds up quickly.

Thanks for all the feedback. We leave next week and I still haven't decided which one to use. They all sound great. I will most likely go with the cheapest one(Captain Marvins), since we have 4 kids. Everything adds up quickly.

So true about costs adding up. I have booked Capt Marvin for April- Ruth has been super helpful and prompt with her emails and confirmations!

Rowan Watersports is definitely the cheapest. If you book ahead, they only charge $30 per person, and kids under the age of 4 are free. Their boats are not crowded at all, we only had 13 people on our stingray excursion a couple of weeks ago. They have 2 stops, one at stingray sandbar, and the other at coral gardens. The stingrays were amazing, and since there were only 13 of us on the boat, we got to spend extra time with the stingrays. Also, the snorkelling at coral garderns was some of the best I have ever done! Highly recommend

rowanwatersports.com

We used Capt. Marvin a couple of weeks ago...if you haven't done it before the stingray city is fun, the snorkeling is ok but not great. We did the island tour after the boat tour, the turtle farm is outstanding and very educational. Hell....well it's Hell.;)

Just got back from a wonderful week on Eclipse. We prefer the sailing catamaran trip to the sting ray city and used stingraysailing.com. Chip, Buster and Mark were fabulous and very patient in the water helping everyone feel comfortable with the rays. Boat is a bit smaller so a much more personal experience.. no blaring music or pretend rum drinks. Chip took alot of time chatting with us and telling us about the island as he is a native. Very positive experience!

Archived