Insignia around South America - Valparaiso to Buenos Aires

babybigguy

I agree that checking with the roll call is a better idea because this board is for general questions. You'll get far more specifics at a roll call.

That being said, we did this cruise (in the verse) 9 years ago when Renaissance bellied up and we couldn't do our planned Far East cruise. We loved it. Lots of sea days -- which is good if you like them, not so good if you don't. At the time I wasn't wild about them but I learned to appreciate them on this route.

On this cruise we were particularly nervous about doing things on our own just because we usually had two days between ports (we were on the NCL DREAM) and if we had car trouble and couldn't get back to the ship in time ...

As it happened, we were on a ship's tour when the bus broke down and a replacement didn't arrive for about an hour and a half. If we'd been on our own, our ship would certainly have sailed without us.

We did this trip last January. You definitely need warm weather clothes for the beginning and end of the trip as the temperatures were in the 90's and humid.

Around the horn, the Falkland Islands, Ushaia(spelling?) It was very cold. in the low 40's.This means packing for extremes.

Most of the ship tours were very good.

Archived