Past Cruises not on file??

imacanadian

Do you have any documents from those past cruises?

Sail/Sign cards?

Pictures?

CCL will accept any of these as proof. A few years ago, their system crashed and we were all assigned new Past Guest numbers. Not sure how long it's been since you cruised, but you may have been caught in that. I have one stray cruise that for whatever reason stayed on that old number, but they are still able to see it. Computers, can't live with them, can't live without them.:p

Yep... all the above is correct. If you can produce pretty much anything to connect you with the missing voyage you will get credit. Having said that, I'm still missing one!

:)

I'm telling you, it's like mine, it's under an old number. Some of the systems on the ships can see the stray one, and some cannot.:confused:

Anything to prove you were on the ship at a particular time and you will get credit.

We got credit for a picture of the Sensation we took but strangely enough did not get credit for a picture of me with a pirate holding the knife on the Ecstasy.

You should also try to call back to speak to someone else. A few years back, Carnival couldn't find my previous cruises and told me to find the photos or credit charges, etc. I dug thru files and found some of the information but not enough to prove every cruise. I called back to find out if there was anything else I could provide but the rep said it wasn't necessary because he was able to see all of my cruises. Too bad I had wasted an hour digging thru papers but at least all of my cruises were counted.

Amanda

We had the opposite problem, well I guess it was/is not a problem :p

Last year I booked my DH and I on a cruise to Alaska on the Spirit, a part of a CC Group

When doing his Docs, the Carnival site kept saying welcome back to him.

He had never been on a Cruise,

other than the ones on big gray ships for 6 months at a time with out me...

I didn't think much of it, but then he got a Gold Card :confused:

I had been on a Two Carnival cruises, so I knew this wasn't right, but oh well.

So while I was buying a Future Cruise Cert. I asked the guy if he could shed some light on it...

He looked it up, and I found out I was a Cougar:eek:

There seems to be a Younger fella in New Jersey with my DH's name,

who had been on 4, now 5 (the one to Alaska) cruises.

My DH didn't really like to cruise so may not go again, but this guy in Jersey will be Platinum one cruise faster now.

I wonder if he will notice that he has a cruise to Alaska :D

Yes, provide the proof, using the tips of the other posters here to get proper credit. Also, have you possibly moved in the middle of your cruises? I moved after my first cruise, and it wasn't until I had been on 5 cruises that I noticed that I didn't have credit for that first cruise. Carnival thought it was someone else of the same name at a different address. I had guessed that, so I called them, giving them both addresses, telling them that I'm the same person. I had 2 past guest numbers, that they combined together, and then I had credit for all my cruises.

Thank you so much for the information. I will look through my files, I'm sure I kept information from the travel agency and our boarding tickets. It is our earlier cruises that they don't have and we also have different past guest numbers that need to be combined. Your information has been wonderful now to the task of searching through those files. It will be worth it to get to Platinum faster and we are going on the Dream in March!!

My problem was my last cruise somehow ended up with Mrs on it and they gave me a new number. After talking to several folks at Carnival one representative said oh, I see them all and one said Oh, I see the problem I'll have that changed in 24 hours and that's how easy it was done.

I knew there was a reason that I kept all those sail and sign cards!:o Just didn't know why, until now. I have referred to them in the past for dates, like its been 4 years since we cruised last! :eek:

I have kept all of our old S&S cards too. Also print my past cruise history from the web site to keep in a file. I work in in information technology and have seen what happens in some system crashes. It's all bullet proof until something goes wrong.

I went on my first cruise in 1991 and didn't bother to get embarkation photo taken; however, I am a packrat and kept EVERYTHING from that cruise, ticket book, boarding pass, excursion lists, and so on......Thus, gave em the booking number from that sailing and all was well, got credit for it!

How soon after you cruise will it show up in your history? We got off the ship last Thursday and it doesn't show up in history or as a current booking under my account.:confused:

It can take a couple weeks, maybe even a little longer. On our last cruise, it actually did show up only 5 days after getting off the ship.

I was wondering how to rectify that situation. I started with CCL when they started. I just figured that they didn't keep records that far back, or didn't have PG numbers. I still have a ticket from the Mardi Gras in the early 70's. Shoot, I still have the cabin keys!! Now that you got me started, I searched, and found Capers from the MG, and Carnivale. Thanx for the info. maybe I WILL call and see if my status is changed. RA

Archived