had a bad cruise in July (my fault) but just scheduled our honeymoon for THIS July!

So this past summer I was on Enchantment me of the Seas. Before we had gotten on the cruise, I had already received the sunburn from hell (an effect to a medication I was unaware of) and disappointed that I would potentially not be able to swim or enjoy myself outside as much as possible on the cruise. Then. when we were in Cozumel, I had fallen (missed a stair, which was the first stairs of a few, and fell down. When I was falling, I put my wrist out and it beared all of my weight) and smashed my wrist. Crew from both Carnival and Royal Caribbean came over to me to help ensure I got back onto the ship as painlessly and quickly as possible (at the time I fell, it was unknown if I was on the Carnival or RCCL ships that had been docked so when I had fallen, some nameless person or persons had run and got both crews...and even AFTER they found out I was on an RCCL cruise they both STILL worked together to get me back. It was very pleasant to see two competing companies helping. I also perferred seeing a doctor on the ship as compared to a hospital in Mexico where who knew how long I'd wait, what treatment I'd get and if I would end up missing the ship) and needless to say, I was not feeling very well the rest of the cruise. I was in excruciating pain for a lot of it, couldn't sleep and downright miserable. I was horribly disappointed with myself and it is a HUGE let down for myself when I was so excited for this trip (we had gone with two other families) and it ended this way.

Well, my fiance and I are now scheduled to be on the Oasis of the Seas July 16th after our big fat German wedding on July 9 (450-500 people, so it's a big affair). We leave July 10th after a get together at my parents' house and will head down to my parents condo in Naples for a week, then drive to Ft. Lauderdale to meet the ship. Get back on the 23rd, will enjoy another couple of days in Naples and return to Ohio on the 25th. I am beyond excited for this and cannot wait. My fiance has vowed to watch my steps and hold my hand everytime we go down a set of stairs :-P

Everytime I look at the scars on my wrist and leg (I had scraped my leg up quite badly also), I think of my trip and my clumsiness lol

I love your attitude!! (plus YSU is my alma mater)

Have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon, sounds like you've earned a great deal of joy!

So this past summer I was on Enchantment me of the Seas. Before we had gotten on the cruise, I had already received the sunburn from hell (an effect to a medication I was unaware of) and disappointed that I would potentially not be able to swim or enjoy myself outside as much as possible on the cruise. Then. when we were in Cozumel, I had fallen (missed a stair, which was the first stairs of a few, and fell down. When I was falling, I put my wrist out and it beared all of my weight) and smashed my wrist. Crew from both Carnival and Royal Caribbean came over to me to help ensure I got back onto the ship as painlessly and quickly as possible (at the time I fell, it was unknown if I was on the Carnival or RCCL ships that had been docked so when I had fallen, some nameless person or persons had run and got both crews...and even AFTER they found out I was on an RCCL cruise they both STILL worked together to get me back. It was very pleasant to see two competing companies helping. I also perferred seeing a doctor on the ship as compared to a hospital in Mexico where who knew how long I'd wait, what treatment I'd get and if I would end up missing the ship) and needless to say, I was not feeling very well the rest of the cruise. I was in excruciating pain for a lot of it, couldn't sleep and downright miserable. I was horribly disappointed with myself and it is a HUGE let down for myself when I was so excited for this trip (we had gone with two other families) and it ended this way.

Well, my fiance and I are now scheduled to be on the Oasis of the Seas July 16th after our big fat German wedding on July 9 (450-500 people, so it's a big affair). We leave July 10th after a get together at my parents' house and will head down to my parents condo in Naples for a week, then drive to Ft. Lauderdale to meet the ship. Get back on the 23rd, will enjoy another couple of days in Naples and return to Ohio on the 25th. I am beyond excited for this and cannot wait. My fiance has vowed to watch my steps and hold my hand everytime we go down a set of stairs :-P

Everytime I look at the scars on my wrist and leg (I had scraped my leg up quite badly also), I think of my trip and my clumsiness lol

Have a great wedding and honeymoon. We did our Honeymoon on Royal Caribbean last May. We loved it! It was our first cruise. On that sailing there were about 100 honeymoon couples onboard. They did a cool honeymoon get together so make sure you tell rcl that its your honeymoon either before the cruise or at check in.

Archived