transfers

beebee

We have booked a Holy Land and Greek Island cruise leaving on May 16th. We used Choice Air for our flights but were told that transfers were not available when we booked. Does anyone know if Azamara has any promotions that include transfers when booking flights through Choice Air. Also, does anyone have any idea of what the cost of the transfers might be. we will be landing at Ben Gurion airport and sailing out of Haifa. On the way home we will be leaving out of Athens. I am planning to check with Azamara but thought I would check here first. This is where I get all the best information!!!!

Hi beebee,

I hoped someone would respond to this. I have a similar problem. I purchased a med cruise for my inlaws for their 50th wedding anniversary. I booked a suite for them. I also have them 2 nights precruise in venice and 2 nights postcruise in rome and flying choice air business class. All booked through Azamara. Azamara will provide transfers from the hotel to the ship and from the ship to the hotel - but will not provide airport transfers in either direction. They are not even available at an additional charge. This bewilders me! My travel agent is trying the get the hotels to make the arrangements so that I can prepay the bill. I find this very odd. I hope someone has some insight.

I know when we disembarked in Athens, there were tons of cabs, etc. waiting there. Also, I was able to book transfer to the airport while on the cruise when we sent back our disembarkation questionnaire, they asked if we wanted transfer to the airport. It is quite some distance (about 45 minutes) and costs about $40

The HolyLand Cruises this past year did not end or originate in Haifa, so those of us who did that itinerary can't give you conclusive information.

I would STRONGLY recommend in Athens that you have those prearranged whether it is an actual ship transfer when you submit your disembarkation agenda while onboard or a transfer you arranged yourself prior to arrival.

Athens taxi drivers at the port are some of the MOST aggresive I have ever encounter in my travels throughout the world

Regarding Athens transfers....

Dont assume it's an AZ issue...you will have to see if other cruise lines are doing Athens GROUP airport transfers, but last we heard the taxi driver union was fighting this option with cruise lines. (this also could be rumor, I personally had no reason to spend time verifying this as it was releavant to our particular needs)

which is also why no shuttle services are offered in Piraeus (for example to the metro station)

Archived