Moby Dick Tours

avenger71

Done it 2 times and would do it again in a heart beat. My recommendation is the morning tour. You walk out of the pier area and you'll see a couple of representatives with placards showing Moby Dick tours. In no time at all they fill their small bus and take you to their boat. You'll get there before the ship's tour. When the ship's tour arrives, it's a zoo, too many people for my liking.

Then, they'll take you to another area for some shokelling. The tour will finish before noon. They will offer to drop you off at 7 Mile Beach or at the cruise ship.

The first time we opted for 7 Mile Beach. It was just too hot for my wife and I to fry on that beach. I went into the parking lot where there were dozens of taxis. I found a lady taxi driver who had a real nice air conditioned mini, negotiated a price for an tour to HELL and the Turtle Farm. I picked up a few beers, sat in the back of the mini van with DW and had a very nice, not expensive tour.

We loved the Turtle Farm, we not impressed paying an entrance fee for HELL. HELL is nothing more than a dryed up lake with lava. It may look like HELL but, to pay to see it, I think not.

• 3 weeks later...

We used them Thursday and had a GREAT time! One of the guys on the boat has a relationship with a moray eel at the reef and he was playing with it and feeding it while we watched. I do NOT want to get too close to one of those guys. They also skipped Stingray City on our way out because of the crowd that was there. We snorkeled first, and they provide good quality masks and snorkels and even have a few size 14 fins. Returned to Stingray City after the crowds had dispersed and had a wonderful time. The stingrays, it turns out, have a "thing" for beards, too! "Dottie" kept feeling mine when I was holding her.

They had their meeting area set up to the back of the pier area to the right of the "Stingray City without reservations" corral in the middle. Our tour left at 8:30 local time. We got dropped off near a couple of restaurants and the local Dairy Queen near the pier on the way back. In fact, everyone who didn't get off at 7 Mile got off with us. The driver said that was the first time that had ever happened! Guess everyone wanted to do a little shopping on the way back. Weather was PERFECT!

Archived