How far from 7-mile beach area to the cruise terminal area?

acsfl

We are going on our first cruise in March. I think we are going to take the Stingray City tour with Moby Dick. It says it gets back about 12:15pm and then you can be dropped at 7-mile beach or at the cruise terminal. Since we would still have time before having to tender back, I think we'd like to go to the beach, have some lunch and then head back to the terminal.

My question is based on the fact that we will have a 5-year old with us. It looks like the tour will be on a bus and so we won't be able to take(or need) a carseat/booster for that. But, if we get dropped at 7-mile beach, will we be able to get back to the terminal without a carseat? Can you take a taxi without one? Are there other quick options to get back?

While we are on the subject, is it recommended to have lunch at 7-mile beach or somewhere else? Is there shopping there or is it elsewhere?

Depending on what stretch of 7 Mile you get dropped of on, it is only about a 5-10 minute drive from the cruise terminal.

There will be taxis waiting in the parking lots in all of the major sections of the beach, so finding transportation won't be an issue. I didn't travel the carribbean with kids so can't answer your question from a personal point of view, but the taxi's are basically minivans. We shared a taxi with a party who had a child who was 6 and he didn't have one. It will probably cost about $5pp or so to get back to the ship via taxi.

There is also a public bus that goes down that main stretch of road. I don't know the exact cost but it is less than taxi.

There are several resturants and snack stands along the beach and in the downtown area , but GC is kind of pricey. Finding something to eat won't be a problem, it will be a matter of how much you want to spend.

The shopping is basically right at the cruise terminal. The downtown area has vendors right when you get off the ship and across the street. You won't miss seeing the shopping district. Again, it's a little pricey and there are a lot jewlery stores and things, but you can find key chains, mugs, picture frames and other souvenir type things to purchase along with those items too!

Hope that helps!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info! I just didn't want to get to the beach and then find out the hard way that a taxi wouldn't take us back to the terminal without a car seat. I'd bring a booster seat if we planned on touring the island or something, but for a quick ride, I was hoping to avoid it.

Thanks for the info! I just didn't want to get to the beach and then find out the hard way that a taxi wouldn't take us back to the terminal without a car seat. I'd bring a booster seat if we planned on touring the island or something, but for a quick ride, I was hoping to avoid it.

Don't worry you don't need car seat or booster chair. Different county and different laws. Bus will be the best option to get back from 7 mile it's $2.50 US per person from any beach on 7 mile.

HELP!! We are doing a similar tour with Capt Bryan's in late march and really want to go to 7mile beach. We would like to go somewhere we can get a bite to eat and a drink and rent / borrow lounge chairs. A lot of people seem to go to Royal Palms or Sea Grape but both of those seem awfully crowded. I just have absolutely no idea exactly where should we asked to get dropped off and how much it might cost us (2 adults and 2 kids).

Anywhere along Seven Mile beach that has food/beverage and chairs for rent will have crowds. SMB is the main tourist strip on the island.

Royal Palms is closer to the tender pier so that would be my recommendation but Sea Grape is a nice beach also.

Royal Palms has a pool now that you can use for free as long as you buy food. Chairs rent for $7.

Archived