Question About Email on Voyager of the Seas

The last time I cruised on VOS, I was only able to get one email out the whole week. :( Has the internet service improved? Also, is wifi available? Trying to decide whether to pack my laptop.

Thanks!

I was on the ship last January and used my laptop. They have WiFi hot spots - up near the Solarium, Cafe Promenade, Pig and Whistle and Internet Cafe are places I used mine with no problem. It was not terribly slow and I ended up just surfing to use my minutes package. Will be bringing my laptop again on Jan 16. FYI Carnival Conquest has stem to stern WiFi - you can access the internet in the comfort of your cabin.

Just back from 2 cruises where I had to use email all week...it was very slow...did work but slower than on other RCCL ships I have been aboard.

I'd use the laptop and go to the hot spots...like mentioned before...I liked Sports Bar, Pig and whistle, and Crown Lounge area as the best three places to get best connection.

The other thing to consider use it when fewer folks are on using it...seems to go faster then, but fast is still slow enough to make you think it isn't working if you are used to fast speeds at home.

Thank you for the fast reply. I might just leave home without the laptop and not have to worry with it. Then I can try sending a couple of emails from the Internet Cafe since it will be just outside our cabin.

Archived