Snorkeling with Coral Breeze

newlyweds06

My wife and I will be in Belize in a few weeks and want to book the Stingray Alley + Caye Caulker excursion. My wife is prone to seasickness on smaller boats and I am concerned about the boat ride to Caye Caulker.

I know people have different tolerances to this sort of thing so my question is how rough are the seas where this boat is going? Is it typically pretty calm (close to shore) or open waters? Is the boat going pretty fast so that it's really bumpy?

Thanks!!

You will not go wrong with Coral Breeze for snorkeling & the local lunch on Caye Caulker, as we go with them twice a year & have always had a great time.

The boat ride is close to a shore line most of the time & if the wind is not up your wife will do fine. If she was not sick on the cruise ship, she will handle this 40 minute ride quite well. To be sure, have her wear the behind the ear patch while on the cruise, just for some added insurance.

We won't be back there until 4/2011 & can't wait.

If you stop in Rotan & want to snorkel from the beach, do the Tayabana Beach ships tour snorkeling. Some of the best from a beach snorkeling we have done.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Archived