Receipt of E-Comment card based on Cruise Count?

Tom-n-Cheryl

Have you received an E-Comment card?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Have you received an E-Comment card?

• Sailings = 1, and you received an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 2-4, and you received an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 5-9, and you received an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 10-24, and you received an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 25+ and you received an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 1, and you did NOT receive an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 2-4, and you did NOT receive an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 5-9, and you did NOT receive an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 10-24, and you did NOT receive an e-comment card.
    • Sailings = 25+ and you did NOT receive an e-comment card.
    • ** Sailings = 1-9, where you received one for some, but not all, sailings.
    • ** Sailings = 10+, where you received one for some, but not all, sailings.

Our Novemebr cruise was number 5 with Carnival but the first since they got rid of the onboard comment card. We did not receive an email comment card and I was the one who was the primary contact for our group. Neither did I receive the usual email offering $50 off your next sailing if you book with a certain time period that I used to get.

I checked my Carnival profile and I did not have the request for promotional emails checked off so this may be the reason.

By the way Tom, it's very lonely over on the Spirit roll call.

We haven't gotten an email yet. I am trying to think when I last saw an actual card. I know we filled one out on our Alaska cruise last May. I don't think I had a comment card for my September cruise. I know I didn't have one on our October Miracle cruise. I have done 11 Carnival cruises.

Our Novemebr cruise was number 5 with Carnival but the first since they got rid of the onboard comment card. We did not receive an email comment card and I was the one who was the primary contact for our group. Neither did I receive the usual email offering $50 off your next sailing if you book with a certain time period that I used to get.

I checked my Carnival profile and I did not have the request for promotional emails checked off so this may be the reason.

No Colleen -- you did not receive it because you are Canadian! ;)

By the way Tom, it's very lonely over on the Spirit roll call.

Hmmm -- I did not know that one even existed yet! :D

Tom

I wonder of the number indicating they didn't get an e-card haven't sailed since September when the program started.

Just sayin'.

The ships still had the old style comment cards (hard copy) in August?

Either way.. nothing from our September or November sailings.

Tom

When referring to the option in your profile regarding receiving emails, are we talking about this:

"Please contact me for special cruise offers and news" ??

That does not sound like it would have anything to do with receiving a comment card. Mine is UNCHECKED, but I still receive plenty of junk mail from Carnival!

Tom

When referring to the option in your profile regarding receiving emails, are we talking about this:

"Please contact me for special cruise offers and news" ??

That does not sound like it would have anything to do with receiving a comment card. Mine is UNCHECKED, but I still receive plenty of junk mail from Carnival!

Tom

Yes, that is what I am referring to.

The ships still had the old style comment cards (hard copy) in August?

Either way.. nothing from our September or November sailings.

Tom

John announced the new program on his Blog Sept 13th.

Took me awhile, but I found it. I knew it was around a month before I last sailed.

Took me awhile, but I found it. I knew it was around a month before I last sailed.

Don't you love that "on task" feeling when you are searching like that? It gives "purpose"! :D

Tom

Don't you love that "on task" feeling when you are searching like that? It gives "purpose"! :D

Tom

Nothin' on TV. ;)

For anyone checking their spam filters the email address is <carnivalguestfeedback@express.medallia.com>

And for anyone curious the email reads as follows:

"Thank you for sailing with us. We hope you had a "funtastic" time aboard the Carnival Splendor. << insert name of "your" ship here.

Everyone at Carnival Cruise Lines works very hard to create the ultimate vacation experience. As a valued Carnival guest, your feedback is extremely important to our success - It gives us insight into what you feel are essential components to a fun-filled, carefree, and memorable vacation.

Please, take a moment to tell us about your cruise experience. This feedback aids in our efforts to create "vacations of a lifetime." And oh yeah, just to show you how much we appreciate your feedback, your returned survey will automatically be entered in a drawing for a FREE* 7 day Carnival cruise.

BEGIN SURVEY

You have 12 days to provide your feedback and be entered in the drawing for a free Carnival cruise!

We look forward to your feedback and welcoming you again soon."

The polls have not yet closed, and it's too early to declare a "winner", but there is a trend showing up! ;)

Tom

This is cracking me up! :D

From someone in the category of NOT receiving any requests for feedback the last two cruises, since this new program started. And everything in my Carnival.com profile for email, checked boxes, whatever else that keeps being mentioned, is there & hasn't changed for years now. :)

Well, I know, first-hand, that some of the ships were announcing it to us passengers prior to 9/13, advising we'd be receiving our comment card(s) online.

But for two sailings in September, one in October, and one in December, I got a big nothing. :(

And considering the Guest Services goobers onboard Carnival Destiny had me booked in two separate cabins (leaving one empty for the duration), I may have been due even more than those missing four.

30+ CCL cruises with 3 since the new email format. The first person on our bookings received the comment card for all 3 cruises. The second person listed on the bookings did not receive any.

3 for 3 WOW - You are on the "good list" evidently, I got a lump of coal in my stocking! :eek:

but... neither of us won the "free cruise"! ;) :D

Tom

Love it Tom....

Never received one after my last cruise...and I was the group leader for Cruise Critic on the Stowaway Freddy cruise. I inforrmed them of this and the many people that cruised on that cruise had not received the e-snail supposed comment card and were asking me why....

I contacted Carn-evil (lol) and got the standard canned response "You can send any comments to this department"...I cannot remember which one....

I responded it would be nice if they just sent it directly to me at my e-mail address and thanked them in advance for doing that....

Yep, you guessed it, no response and I have 11 cruises with them....

Planning an NCL and HAL cruise right now....;)

# sailings.... DID receive....... Did NOT receive

..2-4................16.......................13

..5-9................6........................32

.10-24.............12.......................35

..25+...............3.........................4

Thus far:

> Those with 1-4 sailings (49 people) run a 60% chance of receiving one.

> Those with 5-9 sailings (38 people) run a 16% chance of receiving one.

> Those with 10-24 sailings (48 people) run a 25% chance of receiving one.

> Those with 25+ sailings (7 people) run a 43% chance of receiving one.

Overall ~1 in 3 (34%) of people are likely to have received an e-comment card. Those with a lower cruise count (1-4 sailings) are almost twice as likely to have received one over the average. The results for those with 25+ sailings are less reliable (at least when trying to form conclusions) due to the lower sampling size (7 people)... of course, you could say that about the entire poll --- and this is far from an ideal method overall (we work with what we have)!! :)

This, as Big Duck pointed out, assumes that people voting on this have actually cruised since the beginning of the new method --- whenever that actually was!

Tom

3 sailings since the switch and got no comment card e-mails.

Diligently checked my junk mail, after somebody suggested that in an early discussion thread about this topic.

Nothing.....

I brought it up to the cruise director, when I took the behind the fun tour and he and the guy who was supposed to actually be sending the e-mails,(he happened to be in the crew traing center we were in at the time) had no idea why everybody was NOT getting them. (and I got home from that cruise in Nov. and still did not get one.)

Bill

Great thread Tom. I'll be hitting milestone this year and am convinced I'll never get one of those elusive email surveys...I've always filled out the paper ones and filled in exceptional crew member names. I hate that they make it so inconvenient for us to do that now.

Since I fill out the funpasses for both me and DH its my email that I submit. His cruise count is 5 or 6 and he has never received one either though...:(

Great thread Tom. I'll be hitting milestone this year and am convinced I'll never get one of those elusive email surveys...I've always filled out the paper ones and filled in exceptional crew member names. I hate that they make it so inconvenient for us to do that now.

Since I fill out the funpasses for both me and DH its my email that I submit. His cruise count is 5 or 6 and he has never received one either though...:(

Funny, me getting one for the same cruise you didn't. :cool:

Archived