is 17days to long for a cruise?

Davechipp74

there is a very good chance im going on the jewel 4/28/12 its a 17day repositioning through the panama canal. is that a bit much traveling solo? will it be all weelchairs and walkers or a younger group of cruisers? how do you pack for a 17day cruise? what will 17days of drinking and gambling do to your shipboard acct.?:eek: so much to consider. i have taken plenty of 7 night, and one 10 night cruise in the past, is it much different? any help will be great. thank you

I did a 19 day SEA->MIA Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl as a solo and thought it was great! Although, I heard several people comment that once we got through the canal (around day 13) they were ready to go home.

This was one of the few times I've traveled with "checked" luggage, as I had not previously been south of Cabo San Lucas and thus had no idea what expect in terms of weather - or non-enforced dress codes for that matter. :-) Were I to do it again (and I'm seriously considering it) it would be strictly "carry-on."

There were only a handful of kids on that cruise. I'd guess most of the passengers were upper 50's through 60's. Naturally, there was a bit of everything, age-wise.

we did a 16 day repo. we loved it......but, the average age was 74. (that's what we were told.) Often the mid aged people have problems getting so much time off work, so the retirees abound on these cruises.

Archived