Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort & Spa?

C U Onboard

This hotel is currently running a promotion for 2 or 3 nights stay whereby you pay the regular room rate for the first night but only pay the dollar equivalent to the lead guests year of birth for each of the other nights (born 1960 - pay $60 etc). On this basis I could get a 3 night pre-cruise stay in what I understand to be a good 4 star hotel in April for under $400 plus tax. Has anyone stayed here before and offer comment as to it's location for this length of stay?

Thanks!

This hotel is currently running a promotion for 2 or 3 nights stay whereby you pay the regular room rate for the first night but only pay the dollar equivalent to the lead guests year of birth for each of the other nights (born 1960 - pay $60 etc). On this basis I could get a 3 night pre-cruise stay in what I understand to be a good 4 star hotel in April for under $400 plus tax. Has anyone stayed here before and offer comment as to it's location for this length of stay?

Thanks!

I haven't stayed there but I can tell you that the location is great. We stay at the W hotel a block away when we want a beach break. They run the same deal (it's also a Starwood property) but add $100 to the birth year.

We stayed at this hotel post-cruise in Oct '09. LOVED IT!! It's within walking distance of the water taxi and some shopping along the beach front. The beach is right across the street with an easy walkway from the hotel to the beach so you don't have to dodge traffic and a nice pool.

I'm hoping to stay there again this year when we head to FLL pre-cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks royalcruz and Tweedy - I was worried that there may have been a catch but based on your responses I guess I've stumbled on a good deal;)

There sort of is a catch in that they don't discount the first night at all but it is still probably the best deal they offer, especially if you stay 3 nights.

Since I am staying for 3 nights the cost of the first night stay alone is irrelevant. As I said in my original post the cost to me for the entire stay works out at just over $130 per night - not because I am as old as Methuselah, but because the first night rate I booked is somewhat less than that currently showing online. Based on the comments received about the hotel and it's location I'm happy with the deal considering the time of year. Thanks again to those who responded positively.

Archived