Itineraries 2012

We are in the planning stages of a summer 2012 cruise. I know the bookings won't open for a few months for European itineraries. If RC decides to alter itineraries or reassign ships, are they likely to announce such changes prior to opening bookings? We'd like to be able to tell our TA to reserve as soon as the bookings open, but we are basing our choices on what ships are going where for the summer of 2011. Are we likely to hear of changes for 2012 ahead of time?

If RC decides to alter itineraries or reassign ships, are they likely to announce such changes prior to opening bookings?

Are we likely to hear of changes for 2012 ahead of time?

I'm a little confused ....... but here goes. First, there is NO set schedule as to when / how RCI realeases schedules.

RCI will not open bookings until they have determined ship location.

I would not assume the summer of 2011 schedule will be the same as the summer of 2012. The itineraries are usually not leaked much in advance of the official release date, but sometimes some European travel agencies get them a bit earlier than U.S. Last year (I forget if it was just Celebrity, of if it was RCI as well) I recall this being the case. Best guess is the itineraries will be released sometime between Mid March and late April.

I would not assume the summer of 2011 schedule will be the same as the summer of 2012. The itineraries are usually not leaked much in advance of the official release date, but sometimes some European travel agencies get them a bit earlier than U.S. Last year (I forget if it was just Celebrity, of if it was RCI as well) I recall this being the case. Best guess is the itineraries will be released sometime between Mid March and late April.

There were some RCI itineraries leaked as well.

I'm a little confused ....... but here goes. First, there is NO set schedule as to when / how RCI realeases schedules.

RCI will not open bookings until they have determined ship location.

Sorry for the confusion, guess I'm a little confused myself. I am wondering if the schedules/ship assignments are released at the same time that bookings open.

As usual, customer service at RC is not helpful at all. I read on another thread that new itineraries will be released on March 17th. Guess someone thinks they know more that the rest of us.

Thanks anyway.

Last year it was roughly Feb 13th when they announced the Deployment Schedule. Booking dates started mid March for Bermuda, Europe, etc. I would guess the timing may be similar this year.

Sounds like the Deployment Schedule is what I'm wondering about (didn't know the term), so thanks for that information. We are not assuming the itineraries will remain the same, particularly for a Baltic cruise, so are hoping to be ready when bookings open.

Where, or how, is the Deployment Schedule posted?

Archived