a very personal view of sailing on QM2

SALAD MUNCHER

We didn't mind walking through Kings Court on our way to the Princess Grill. It was interesting seeing what the 'Buffet' crowd was wearing and what they were eating. I believe the Kings Court patrons found us interesting as well, they would look us up and down and assess our formal gear.

It was kind of funny though, a parade of people wearing tuxedos and long gowns making their way through less formally attired patrons carrying their (usually overloaded) trays of buffet food. Having said that, we cannot talk, we routinely ordered multiple starters and desserts as desired.

From where our table was in the Princess Grill restaurant we had a good view down the aisle towards the hustle and bustle of Kings Court.

1980589687_Viewfromourtable.jpg.464ef725e98143316bf5cb24a9d7e33b.jpg

It added to the enjoyment of the meal from my perspective. Also, the parade of joggers and walkers was also amusing/interesting whilst we were having lunch and breakfast.

During one lunch a disheveled and confused passenger burst into the Princess Grill restaurant after taking a wrong turn from outside on deck 7, she must have gone through one of the doors clearly marked 'crew only' and made her way through the back area. I don't know who was more surprised, her or we lunchtime patrons. She quickly made her way down the aisle towards Kings Court and after she was gone we all erupted into laughter. You kind of had to be there - but I assure you, it was extremely funny.

We found the food and the service to be excellent. It is great knowing you have the same table and servers for all meals and that you can eat anytime you wish. I thought the Princess Grill restaurant was lovely and almost club like. We visited Britannia to check it out and whilst lovely, it must get a bit crazy when full. Would you get the same level of service as in the grills? I imagine not.

We didn't mind walking through Kings Court on our way to the Princess Grill. It was interesting seeing what the 'Buffet' crowd was wearing and what they were eating. I believe the Kings Court patrons found us interesting as well, they would look us up and down and assess our formal gear.

Indeed. I got a big kick out of the fancy folks who stopped off at the soft-serve machine for an ice cream cone on their way to the Grills.

Archived