Mysterious Room?

That room picture is taken from inside the cabin looking towards the door to the hallway. The bed is in front of the closets. It does make it hard to get to your clothes in the closets. But yes. my cabin with a balcony did look like that picture.

That room picture is taken from inside the cabin looking towards the door to the hallway. The bed is in front of the closets. It does make it hard to get to your clothes in the closets. But yes. my cabin with a balcony did look like that picture.

Yes, the cabin in the original photo is laid out like a standard balcony cabin, but I agree that what was shown in the photo was probably a "mock-up" of a standard balcony cabin. Below is a photo taken from a real standard balcony cabin. It is the same layout, but the materials used are different (notice the wood-look doors in the actual cabin versus the gray doors in photo in the original post)

18931-08-Standard-Cabin-600x400.jpg

Yes, the cabin in the original photo is laid out like a standard balcony cabin, but I agree that what was shown in the photo was probably a "mock-up" of a standard balcony cabin. Below is a photo taken from a real standard balcony cabin. It is the same layout, but the materials used are different (notice the wood-look doors in the actual cabin versus the gray doors in the photo I copied from the original post)

18931-08-Standard-Cabin-600x400.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=179542&d=1294269271

That is not the the cabins "look" on the ship. Was a mock up photo from way back when. Thanks

honestly, I don't think it is a mock up. it looks like some pics I saw of one of the second suite room but I don't remember which suite... I'll look at my TA's stuff and see if I can find it.

That was my original thought, that the "unusual" looking room was maybe a 2nd bedroom in one of the special suites perhaps. The sofa is quite different than any of the sofas in the standard cabins. But, I didn't think there would be a door to the outside hallway in a "second" bedroom and that photo DOES appear to have an outside door. Oh well, perhaps we will never know the answer to this mystery! :confused:;) If someone does figure it out, please let us know! :D

Seems some don't believe me, but my room on deck 10 looked like that picture. You entered the room, the bathroom was on the left, enter the wider part of the room were the closets with the beds next, walk past the bed and you were at the desk with the sofa across from the desk and TV, then out onto the patio. The sofa also opened into a standard size bed if needed. I don't have pictures but I lived in that room for 7 days so I know what it looked like!!!!!!!

The room I had on the Oasis was laid out the same, hated it because the bed made it hard to get to the closets......

Seems some don't believe me, but my room on deck 10 looked like that picture. You entered the room, the bathroom was on the left, enter the wider part of the room were the closets with the beds next, walk past the bed and you were at the desk with the sofa across from the desk and TV, then out onto the patio. The sofa also opened into a standard size bed if needed. I don't have pictures but I lived in that room for 7 days so I know what it looked like!!!!!!!

The room I had on the Oasis was laid out the same, hated it because the bed made it hard to get to the closets......

You don't understand what we are saying. It is not the layout of the room we are questioning. We know it is identical to a standard balcony cabin. What is unusual is the decor. We have not seen that decor in any of the standard balcony cabins. It is the gray closet doors and the armless sofa and the different color linens that are mysterious. Those are not the same as a standard balcony cabin. :)

This is the standard balcony room we were in. I agree that I think the pic you posted was an "artist rendering"

attachment.php?attachmentid=179934&stc=1&d=1294570964

Yes, you and I are on the same page! :D The photo above IS what we've all seen in person. The photo below is "identical" in layout but quite different in decor and finishes. So, the bottom photo is most likely the mock-up they used in their marketing campaign, prior to actually completing Oasis. I like the finishes they used in the mock-up! I wish they had used them in the actual cabins! I like the contemporary look of the industrial gray better than the faux-wood! ;) That's just me though! And I also agree 100% with davewcur that the closet access situation in these cabins was ridiculous! But, NONE of these problems were serious enough to keep me from booking the same cabin again...and again! :D I LOVE Oasis/Allure!

attachment.php?attachmentid=179542&d=1294269271

Archived