A Question About Buying Duty Free Cigarettes on the ship

Murphy&Bailey

We gave cruised on RCI, Carnival and Princess and never had the ship store keep purchased cigarettes until the end of the cruise. Would not be very happy if that ever happened, not saying that it won't but that really sounds stupid if they are doing that to some people. I understand keeping the alcohol but why even sell them if you can't use them on the ship. Plus almost any port we have been in, you could buy them at ship's cost or even cheaper.

We gave cruised on RCI, Carnival and Princess and never had the ship store keep purchased cigarettes until the end of the cruise. Would not be very happy if that ever happened, not saying that it won't but that really sounds stupid if they are doing that to some people. I understand keeping the alcohol but why even sell them if you can't use them on the ship. Plus almost any port we have been in, you could buy them at ship's cost or even cheaper.

we have cruised with RCL and we could take them with us but with Princess NO, its not being stupid....its their policy so we buy them from the bar and when we dock in port if they are cheaper than the ship we buy them ashore but being Elite if we purchase anything from the duty free shop in the first 2 days we get 20% off our purchases

we have cruised with RCL and we could take them with us but with Princess NO, its not being stupid....its their policy so we buy them from the bar and when we dock in port if they are cheaper than the ship we buy them ashore but being Elite if we purchase anything from the duty free shop in the first 2 days we get 20% off our purchases

Sorry, but I DO think it's stupid if it is their policy, as they would sell many more cartons and make money instead of someone having to buy them in a port.

It's my understanding that you can bring 5 cartons home. That is per person not per couple, correct?:confused:

i doubt very much you take 5 cartons home per person

in Australia its one carton of 250 cigs per person you can take home

Archived