Cabin 8234 on Carnival Legend

lucykane

Has anyone stayed in this cabin(8234) recently, would appreciate any feedback...positive or negative....thanks so much. Thinking of cruising in the next couple of weeks so info ASAP would help.

We will be in 8234 in 9 days! :D

Just be careful...find out if it's a handicapped cabin (the ones on the 2 floors below it are handicapped). If you book a handicap and then they need it for someone, they can yank it away from you. The balcony will be longer, so that's a big plus. I don't think you'll get alot of noise from Lido above since you'll be under the aft end of the buffet area, rather than under the pools. We have 8232 booked on the Miracle in May. Great location...right near the aft elevators. When we had the cabin below it on Legend in Nov, we loved being close to the elevators, the aft Lido and the Dining Room:)

• 1 year later...

We have Cabin 8234 booked for next week for the Alaskan 7 day cruise. I read a real bad review of it and now hoping to get bumped to a different cabin. I thought the large white space towards the bow was air ducts. it's not, it's the porter storage room and they are in it 24/7 banging around. The reviewer also complained about the smell of smoke.

My wife presently has to walk with a 4-wheel walker due to brusitis. Not a permanent condition we hope, just came on, but she'll be using it the entire trip. Basically we qualify for the Handicap room but if they offer a change I may take it.

They called and tried to get me to take a suite for $1,300 more. Told then know way. If I had that extra I'd donate it to charity. Didn't like that.:D

Anyway, this is our 50th wedding anniversary so I hope it's a fairly pleasant saling. I'll post something on our return.

Walt

We have Cabin 8234 booked for next week for the Alaskan 7 day cruise. I read a real bad review of it and now hoping to get bumped to a different cabin. I thought the large white space towards the bow was air ducts. it's not, it's the porter storage room and they are in it 24/7 banging around. The reviewer also complained about the smell of smoke.

My wife presently has to walk with a 4-wheel walker due to brusitis. Not a permanent condition we hope, just came on, but she'll be using it the entire trip. Basically we qualify for the Handicap room but if they offer a change I may take it.

They called and tried to get me to take a suite for $1,300 more. Told then know way. If I had that extra I'd donate it to charity. Didn't like that.:D

Anyway, this is our 50th wedding anniversary so I hope it's a fairly pleasant saling. I'll post something on our return.

Walt

Before you panic, we had 8232 on the Miracle (sister ship) and it's on the other side of the porters' area. We only heard them in there once in 8 days. And I have no idea where the smell of smoke should be coming from...no smoking allowed in cabins anymore. The balconies on those rooms are WONDERFUL!

Hope you have a very HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY!:) And enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived