Dawn Mini Suite vs. Balcony Room

atthebeachcc

There are some differences between a balcony and a Mini-Suite:

1) the mini-suite has a tub/shower combo in the bathroom, not just a shower stall.

2) the room is a little bit larger (longer & wider), this is only important if there are more then 2 of you traveling together. 2 people are easily accomodated in a balcony room, 3 people though it becomes a little crowded.

3) one negitive is that all the mini-suites are located on deck 11 so you have to be careful which room you choose because the pool is right above you and you could hear noise from deck chairs being moved around in the early morning hours from the crew cleaning the pool area.

Hope this helps.

We did a mini suite a few years back on the Dawn,mt parents had a balcony, we were 4 in the cabin though and needed the extra space....big difference...no ...but appreciated the extra space for the kids,also no extra perks for mini suite customers so they should be called family sized balconies..sp?

Is there a big difference between the Mini-Suite and the Balcony stateroom on the Dawn? Any opinions on this are appreciated.

I have stayed in both.

A balcony solo

A balcony with three

A mini-suite with two

Traveled with a couple who stayed in a mini-suite and I visited cabin often.

My opinion is I would select the mini-suite because I liked the bigger couch, more space between the bed and the wall to walk by, the bathroom was bigger...a tub/shower combination and more leg room in the toilet area. I think the mini-suite balcony space is bigger too and the overhang hangs over...it is very protected from the sun/elements. The mini-suite closet is in an odd location near one side of the bed. Some have written it can be a minor annoyance getting in there. When my sister and her hubby stayed in one she described the mini suite as "affordable luxury." Keep in mind however suite perks do not come with mini-suite categories.

Good luck with your selection and have a great cruise.

coka

Typical mini-suite: Avg sq ft cabin: 229; Balcony: 54

Typical balcony: Avg sq ft cabin: 166; Balcony: 37

I personally prefer the mini-suite (otherwise known as a deluxe balcony here on CC) because of the extra room, extra storage, bigger couch, separating curtain, and tub. However, booking it depends on how much more it would cost vs. the balcony. For me, it's worth maybe an extra $100 pp for a week-long cruise.

Typical mini-suite: Avg sq ft cabin: 229; Balcony: 54

Typical balcony: Avg sq ft cabin: 166; Balcony: 37

I personally prefer the mini-suite (otherwise known as a deluxe balcony here on CC) because of the extra room, extra storage, bigger couch, separating curtain, and tub. However, booking it depends on how much more it would cost vs. the balcony. For me, it's worth maybe an extra $100 pp for a week-long cruise.

We had a balcony and then due to pricing upgraded to a mini-suite for $28 total! so we think the extra 80 + sf will be totally worth the upgrade! Good to hear we got such a great deal if you think the upgrade is worth $100/person = $200 that's a good savings for us!

We had a balcony and then due to pricing upgraded to a mini-suite for $28 total! so we think the extra 80 + sf will be totally worth the upgrade! Good to hear we got such a great deal if you think the upgrade is worth $100/person = $200 that's a good savings for us!

That's an excellent deal. Keep in mind - not everyone agrees that it's worth $100pp extra. And that's probably my limit. I do think you'll enjoy the extra room and other differences. Have a great cruise!

Ditto the previous posters. I'd like to emphasize the benefits of the heavy curtain between the bed and sitting area/balcony. It is very nice for privacy if you have other than a couple in the cabin, and it is nice for any who have a difference in schedules. I have a night owl husband and I liked to sleep without his reading light shining in my eyes, likewise I could rise and have light in a portion of the cabin without waking him.

Archived