Upset with Carnival!!

craftkook

Last year we were able to book our own Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab park because we wanted the Royal dolphin swim. As of a month ago, Carnival has regulated with the park that we are to only book through Carnival. There is a 80.00 differance in price which is huge for booking 3, that is an extra 240.00 more and on top of that they will not allow observers on the docks which we were allowed to do last year to take our own pictures. We still did purchase from the park but not as many. I just spoke to the people at the park and they said they are losing sales. I don't like have my decision of how I want to spend my day taken away from me.

I wasn't aware that Carnival used Chankanaab Park now. Last year, in April, they only used Dolphinarius for the dolphin adventure. We also were able to book on our own online at Chankanaab. Does Carnival offer dolphin swims at both places?

That's just wrong!!! We don't book any of our excursions through Carnival. I know that you are protected as far as not missing the ship on its way out, but we take our chances with that. There are just too many other ways to enjoy the excursions without overpaying Carnival. I love Carnival, but I don't want to feel forced to go through them for everything!!!

They do offer dolphin excursions at both places now. I know its a protection on being back to the ship on time, but its my responsiblity, not theirs and if I miss the boat then its out of my pocket. Its unfair to the businesses as well. We are not going to do a dolphin excursion at all now...

Last year we were able to book our own Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab park because we wanted the Royal dolphin swim. As of a month ago, Carnival has regulated with the park that we are to only book through Carnival. There is a 80.00 differance in price which is huge for booking 3, that is an extra 240.00 more and on top of that they will not allow observers on the docks which we were allowed to do last year to take our own pictures. We still did purchase from the park but not as many. I just spoke to the people at the park and they said they are losing sales. I don't like have my decision of how I want to spend my day taken away from me.

I would check out Island Marketing excursions at http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com They offer trips to Chankanaab. How would Carnival or the folks at the park ever know you were a Carnival passenger. Just make sure to give them your credit card and not sign and sail card - LOL.

I wonder what would happen if you were to just show up at Chankanaab and book one on the spot?

I asked about doing that and she said if there was room we could do it, but I hate not having a plan and we don't want to stay there for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning to go to Chankanaab on Friday, Feb 11 from the Carnival Conquest. We just want to enjoy the beach and go snorkeling.

Someone, PLEASE tell me that we can just pay the entrance fee (around $20?) without going through Carnival. (We don't want to do the dolphin swim).

We are planning to go to Chankanaab on Friday, Feb 11 from the Carnival Conquest. We just want to enjoy the beach and go snorkeling.

Someone, PLEASE tell me that we can just pay the entrance fee (around $20?) without going through Carnival. (We don't want to do the dolphin swim).

YES...no worries !!!

Don't be upset at Carnival.

All the cruise lines do this.

No one is holding a gun to any business' head to operate a Carnival tour.

It is their choice. But the businesses do it because they know it is guaranteed money.

On the flip side, if any cruise line is going to be bring thousands of customers to an island, they have to know that there are slots available for their guests on the tours that they offer.

IF the business wants guaranteed bookings, then the cruise lines have the right to protect booking slots for their cruisers.

Archived