Spirit question

Billymac

Are there hand held hair dryers in the staterooms?

We were in an inside cabin on the Spirit and I remember a vacuume cleaner looking hair dryer hanging on the wall....my father in law thought it was a vaccume and tried to clean the stubble out of his electric razor :eek: He ended up with stubble all over the sink....and had fun explaining it to the cabin steward while apologizing for the mess. :D:):D I broke out laughing at dinner time when he told us the story...:D

We were in a balcony cabin and only had the hair dryer hanging from the wall in the bathroom. I had never used one before, but it worked pretty well. Only took a little longer to dry my hair than the one I use at home.

We were in an inside cabin on the Spirit and I remember a vacuume cleaner looking hair dryer hanging on the wall....

:D:D That is how I described it to my co-workers. A vacuum cleaner blow dryer.

It did the trick for me whenever I felt the need to do my hair. We had an inside cabin, btw.

It took me awhile to get used to the one in the bathroom. I hate blow drying my hair in the bathroom anyways. I always sit in the vanity area to blow dry my hair. The outlet by the desk stated "no hair dryer". I brought my own power strip so I thought that I could use that outlet. Nope. The power went out. It was embarrassing to tell the room steward. The power was back on in no time though and quickly learned to get used to that vacuum style blow dryer in the bathroom. It ended up working really well but gets way too hot to hold, so had to use a wash towel to hold the thing.

so you cant use your hairdryer from home in the plugs provided? i have thick hair and hope to use my own hairdryer

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, I forgot which post I posted this on! It took me awhile to find it. No. You can't use your blow dryer from home. The one and only outlet in the room said no blow dryers. It didn't say anything about certain watts or whatever. So make sure to bring a power strip (certain ones may apply) to plug in arlarm clocks, curling irons and or items needing charging.

Archived