RCCL Visa Card Hacked

We have had the card for quite a while now, and we have had fraud 3 times. Also happened on our last card. When you use your card for everything - and I mean everything-it is bound to happen sooner or later. BofA is great about calling us with anything that is out of the ordinary. I call them before we go anywhere (out of state) and let them know where I will be

We have had the card for quite a while now, and we have had fraud 3 times. Also happened on our last card. When you use your card for everything - and I mean everything-it is bound to happen sooner or later. BofA is great about calling us with anything that is out of the ordinary. I call them before we go anywhere (out of state) and let them know where I will be

I do use this card for everything and then pay it all off at the end of the month...those points do add up quickly. You're right...it's bound to happen sooner or later. I also call them when we're going out of town, and especially when we go out of the country. However, BOA does charge you a currency exchange fee.

They also charge you a 3% transaction fee on any purchases in US$ that are posted outside the US. Make sure you know where your charge will be processed if you do any online shopping. I got hit with the 3% fee from them. I bought some items from a company with a Washington contact address but the charge was processed in British Columbia. The charge was made in US$ not CAD, but I had to pay the 3% fee anyway. :(

I do use this card for everything and then pay it all off at the end of the month...those points do add up quickly. You're right...it's bound to happen sooner or later. I also call them when we're going out of town, and especially when we go out of the country. However, BOA does charge you a currency exchange fee.

I use my RCCL card for everything too and have enjoyed lots of OBC because of it. Our next cruise is on Celebrity so last May I opened a Celebrity visa and have been trying to build points up on that one. Today I got a notice in the mail that BOA is changing it to a different card.....the notice says the points will carry over to the new card but we only have till sometime in February to get double points for any Celebrity purchases and we only have till March 31st to use the points for Celebrity. I'm really pretty mad that they are doing that so I'll probably be closing the account. Now I wish I had been using my RCCL one since last May instead. I can't cash in any points in March since those coupons or vouchers they send you expire within a certain amount of time and our cruise isn't until November! I can't believe they are just doing away with the card so I'm not real happy with BOA right now.

Archived