Westerdam 3/27 Travelling with Teenagers

Gone to Sea

We are going on the 3/27 Westerdam trip with 17 family and friends (all of us have never cruised).

Is there anything suggestions for teen activities? Are there any costs? My nephew is really into video games and I am wondering what his allowance should be?

Thanks!

PS: Been reading the board to help plan our trip. Thanks for everyone who posts!

We will also be onboard 3/27 with 4 teen girls. We have cruised with our daughter three times before this with friends and twice with family (no other teens). Somehow, they all manage to find one another. Our DD has had a great time on all. She doesn't play many video games (they do cost, but not sure what-I think you buy tokens), but she and friend met lots of others playing basketball, ping pong and up in the teen room. There should be lots of kids (sorry folks who aren't expecting this) being that it is spring break for lots of areas.

We will be on that cruise as well with a 14 year old girl and two 16 year old boys (cousins). Hopefully HALs video arcade is similar to other cruises we have been on - the video games work with a card that you swipe through the machine. You put an amount on the card, and they just wittle it down. You can also add money to the card if needed. It looks like from these boards that this is going to be quite the teen cruise!! I'm sure they will all find each other and have a blast!!

We were on the Westerdam 2/13 with teens. The kids were given a plastic CD holder case when they boarded. It contained a list of the scheduled activities for the week. We had under 50 kids on board, ages 0-17. They divided the groups between 5-12, and 13-17 year olds.

The teen offerings usually started at 10:15pm. They played volleyball, capture the flag, cards, had a hot tub party, went to the evening show as part of the organized activities. I'm guessing only half of the teens on board participated in the program.

They also had DDR in the kids club, but my kids said the songs were old.

I am pretty sure that you use quarters for the arcade video games. I'll check with the kids and get back if that is not correct.

Archived