Have you taken the Pride to Bermuda?

We're going to take the Pride to Bermuda in September. I would appreciate any information on what you enjoyed doing on the island. Also - what's it like being in the same port for 3 days?

We took the Pride last year to Grand Turk, HMC and Freeport and we loved it! We live 20 minutes from the port so my DH loves that we don't have to fly.

Thanks!!

This is the first time the Pride will be going to Bermuda if I'm not mistaken. I LOVE the Pride so I know, as well as you do, that the Pride is a great ship with great staff. I did take a NCL to Bermuda from Baltimore and my DH and I loved it. We rented a scooter for the 3 days and toured the island and did everything we wanted and more for $200 for scooter rental.

Saying all that- I would only be weary of the time of year to go to Bermuda because the North Atlantic gets rather nasty as it gets later in the year. I just got off the Enchantment and they were talking that the boat was going to Bermuda until November and it was just way to choppy. Huge swells- not fun.

Love bermuda and the ship- I hope I can hop on soon. But I think I would keep it in the summer and at the latest early september but def not Oct.

...And while it may seem silly to some, we spend most of our time at Horseshoe Bay.

Buy a multi bus/ferry pass, and use it to get anywhere you want on the island. The two major destinations are St. George, on the other tip of the island (for a time saver, use the expressferry, which goes once a day, I think), and Hamilton.

Visit the Bermuda boards for everything else you need. Some golf, some bike ride, some sail. There's one CC resident that will answer any questions you may have.

The first Pride Baltimore Bermuda cruise is April 10th. I am on the second (April 17th). They also have three fall dates Sept 18, Oct 2, and Nov 6.

I am busily trying to plan our time. We actually have just over two days in port (52 hrs) when you look at the schedule. We have never overnghted in port but did depart near midnight once.

I booked this cruise, my DD's spring break, on the rumor it was going to be Bermuda (was PC -- Nassau -- Freeport) and was so happy whne the rumor came true. We don't plan on spending time in the water (it will be cool in April) but there is so much to see and do. I am sure both of the first trips will provide details after they happen.

Archived