Want to Zip Line..St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten

Hawk Fans

Hi there Hawk Fans,

My kids and I just did some ziplining on Xmas day in St Lucia! It was awesome!!! We booked with a private company, Serenity Tours, as I read some great reviews online before our trip. It's also cheaper than the cruise lines charge. And since it's oly a 2.5 hr excursion there's no concern not making it back in time. Since there is only one zip line on the Island, one of the great things about them is they meet you at the ship, gather the small group (that day there was just the four of us so we got a private tour without the extra costs) and they head out right away before the cruise lines gather up their large groups. We got there FIRST that morning. We were already suited up before anyone else even showed up. When I say everyone I mean easily a few hundred people within the first half of the day. No standing around waiting, just ziplining through the rainforest at the front of the line, done and out of there with lots of time to enjoy the rest of the day.

If you decide to go with them you can ask for Disco Dave as your guide. He was fantastic! There was little open on the holiday so at our request he took us on a tour afterwards, kept us out of the tourist traps, took us to some great vantage points for beautiful views and pics. Then he brought us to a real "local" hangout for lunch. Booze and food was cheap cheap cheap cheap and the locals treated us like gold. I mean this was a true local place! A broken down coke truck made into a road side kitchen, animals being cut up and hung out back, the works! You could tell that you might not have been welcomed if you had come up on your own, but if you are brought there, you are family! It's not everyone's cup of tea to "do as the locals do", and let me just say here we all didn't eat the interesting food!! But a cold beer, some smooth spiced rum and some bizzare but extremely friendly atmosphere was very very cool. We had a blast and it was a great experience. My kids and I still laugh about how we spent Xmas 2010 and took a few pics with our adopted family! :)

Having said all of this, if you're only desire is to zipline then I would still absolutely recommend Serenity.

Have fun on your cruise!!!!!!

Just returned from St Kitts on the Summit last week. Did the Sky Safari zip-line tour and we really enjoyed it. It was 4 hour tour including ride to the area. Was split up in to groups of 10 and rode in a very nice bus with a/c. The driver of the bus talked about the island and highlights as we were riding to the zipline site. You can watch the acutal zip line on you-tube if you want to see it in action. There were about 4 lines to run on. The guides are all great !!!! If you do a search on the ST Kitts forum for zip line there are other reviews and there is one review with the you-tube web site that you can watch.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I was going to say the same thing. One is Treetop adventure Park and the other is Rainforest Adventure.( ST. LUCIA)

Princess has 2 different zip line tours, one at each one of these places offering something a bit different. At the Rainforest Adventure place they have a tram ride plus zipline. At Treetop they are offering the ziplining that is actually cheaper than going it alone.( ST LUCIA

Just returned from St Kitts on the Summit last week. Did the Sky Safari zip-line tour and we really enjoyed it. It was 4 hour tour including ride to the area. Was split up in to groups of 10 and rode in a very nice bus with a/c. The driver of the bus talked about the island and highlights as we were riding to the zipline site. You can watch the acutal zip line on you-tube if you want to see it in action. There were about 4 lines to run on. The guides are all great !!!! If you do a search on the ST Kitts forum for zip line there are other reviews and there is one review with the you-tube web site that you can watch.

We did the zip line here also through our ship.

It was so much fun. There were 4 lines and they were long and quite high over the trees! It was alot of fun and would recommend it. The guides were great at explaining everything and giving us a bit of history as we walked from platform to platform.

Can anyone help me where is the best spot to zip line on these stops? Leaving 1/30...Help? :eek:

We did the zipline in St. Kitts with Ski Safaris and had a wonderful time. There are five lines with the longest line 1350 feet long. Reaching speeds up to 80 km (50 miles) per hour while zipping 250 feet above the forest floor of a tropical rainforest was truly exhilirating, daring and adventureous! Ski Safaris advertises they have the safest cable ride system in the world and riders are brought to a stop through a spring-breaking system.

We booked through the St. Kitts Tour store and a representative from Sky Safaris was there to take us to Wingfield Estate, where the zipline is located. Along the way, our driver provided information about sites we passed and explained the history of Old Road Village.

Our friendly guides and trainers, Conner and Crystal were fantastic. They were both very knowledgeable and professional. Our family of five completed all five lines in 1 1/2 hours.

We thoroughly enjoyed our ziplining excursion with Sky Safaris and would definitely recommend it. For a more detailed description and to see photos of our zipline adventure, please check out my review by clicking on the link below and reading posts #154 - #156.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=8

I have also put together a youtube video of our zipline excursion.

• 3 weeks later...
how much did the zipline cost ,, its not offred on princess and where do i find this zipline booth?

It is true that now many cruise lines have a contractual agreement with Ski Safaris, which means you can only book this excursion through your cruise line. However since Princess does not offer this, you may book this excursion on your own.

When we booked the Zipline Safari, this excursion was relatively new and was not offered through our cruise ship at all, therefore we were able to book this excursion through Liz Periera from the St. Kitts Tour Store. (Note: St. Kitts Tour Store has now changed to Periera Tours), I had emailed St. Kitts Tour Store as well as Sky Safaris directly for information and rates. Both offered the same rates (and even reduced family rates), however the Tour Store could guarantee spaces with an advanced booking whereas Sky Safaris said they could only book spaces (if there are any spaces left) one week prior.

When we booked two summers ago, we were given a family discount which was a savings of 15%. This family package included 2 adults and 2 children.

At that time the total cost for all 5 ziplines with the family discount was $302.00. Each additional adult was $99.00 and the rate for each additional child was $75.00.

This cost included the $10.00 transport fee to get to Sky Safari and back to the pier again.

Adults rates are for those between 15-65 years

Children rates are 14 years and under

Senior rates are 65+ (I believe this is the same rate as the children's)

If you do not wish to do all 5 lines, you can book a Half Tour, which includes 3 ziplines. The cost for this was $60.00 per adult and $45.00 per child.

The above rates are the rates we were given when we booked in 2009. I assume the zipline's rates may have changed since that time. To get updated rates, you can check out Liz's new website and contact her for recent zipline prices. Liz Pereira offered excellent service. She was professional and efficient and always responded back to my emails promptly and quickly.

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/caribbean-vacations-liz-pereira.html

Assuming Periera Tours is in the same location as the St. Kitts Tour Store, it is very easy to find. When you leave the cruise ship dock, you walk straight through the Arrival's Building until you hit some shops. Her tour store was right there.

You can always email Sky Safari's directly for a rate as well at: info@skysafaristkitts.com

I'm booked with Serenity Tours as well. I sure now after reading your thread that I made the right decision. I can't wait.

Hi there Hawk Fans,

My kids and I just did some ziplining on Xmas day in St Lucia! It was awesome!!! We booked with a private company, Serenity Tours, as I read some great reviews online before our trip. It's also cheaper than the cruise lines charge. And since it's oly a 2.5 hr excursion there's no concern not making it back in time. Since there is only one zip line on the Island, one of the great things about them is they meet you at the ship, gather the small group (that day there was just the four of us so we got a private tour without the extra costs) and they head out right away before the cruise lines gather up their large groups. We got there FIRST that morning. We were already suited up before anyone else even showed up. When I say everyone I mean easily a few hundred people within the first half of the day. No standing around waiting, just ziplining through the rainforest at the front of the line, done and out of there with lots of time to enjoy the rest of the day.

If you decide to go with them you can ask for Disco Dave as your guide. He was fantastic! There was little open on the holiday so at our request he took us on a tour afterwards, kept us out of the tourist traps, took us to some great vantage points for beautiful views and pics. Then he brought us to a real "local" hangout for lunch. Booze and food was cheap cheap cheap cheap and the locals treated us like gold. I mean this was a true local place! A broken down coke truck made into a road side kitchen, animals being cut up and hung out back, the works! You could tell that you might not have been welcomed if you had come up on your own, but if you are brought there, you are family! It's not everyone's cup of tea to "do as the locals do", and let me just say here we all didn't eat the interesting food!! But a cold beer, some smooth spiced rum and some bizzare but extremely friendly atmosphere was very very cool. We had a blast and it was a great experience. My kids and I still laugh about how we spent Xmas 2010 and took a few pics with our adopted family! :)

Having said all of this, if you're only desire is to zipline then I would still absolutely recommend Serenity.

Have fun on your cruise!!!!!!

Archived