Which Beach?? Accra / Rockley Beach or Lobster Alive?

sahlink

Trying to determine which beach is the beach to hit when we are there.

Both beaches Accra/Rockley Beach and Lobster Alive sound wonderful, but I'm trying to determine which one to hit??

I'd like a pristine beach, preferable quieter.

I've heard a little more about Rockley Beach... but not so much about Lobster Alive beach (I just saw the amazing photographs) What is the beach actually called? Is there a place to grab a bit to eat (more sandwich and fries) nearby? Which beach has better sand, shore and swimming?

Any help from anyone that's been or seen either would be great!

Thank you!

I also agonized over this choice of beach and in the end decided we would start with Lobster Alive (it's so close and such an easy cab ride that we knew we could always change our mind). After arrival we were so impressed and had such a fantastic time we stayed for hours. My advice is go early (leave early too because it gets busy), don't ask for boatyard-ask for Lobster alive, next door to Boatyard. It has more space between chairs, is quieter, pleasant staff, clean facilities and has fewer noisy partiers. Lobster Alive serves absolutely the best rum punch I have ever had in my life. Potent and delicious, a free one is served pp with price of 2 chairs and an umbrella. Spiny lobster tank is fun and menu looked great though we didn't need another meal. A long walk takes you to edge of Carlisle Beach and in front of all the crazy Boatyard antics (water toys and bungee cords). The walk the other way takes you to Carlisle Bay Hilton. Maybe on our next visit to Barbados we will travel to the beautiful beaches on the other side (Crane etc.) but for a $3 cab/ shuttle fare pp and a short few minutes drive we really enjoyed this beach. Don't hesitate to go to this one, you coould always hit Accra in the afternoon.

I found this on another thread under Barbados. You might want to check it out.

We did NOT enjoy Accra/Rockley beach AT ALL.

I guess it depends if you are truly 'beach-people'. If you enjoy going in the ocean, do not go! There is a huge ROCK FORMATION that goes from one end to the other with some very small breaks in the ROCK. O M G, this was the worst beach we have ever been to in the 15-20 islands we have been to. It is also a public beach. :cool: Bar KNai is "OK", but just that, nothing more. They have limited lounge chairs and umbrellas, so if you are one to just sit on the beach under an umbrella you're good to go, enjoy Bar K'nei (sp?), but if you are avid beach folk, chose somewhere else. It is touted to be quiet, but when we were there, the entire public beach was crowded. Going there last week finally convinced us (4) to never go to a public beach in Barbados. I would sooner chose Harbour Lights or even (le gasp, I cant beleive Im saying this.... :eek:) The Boat Yard. :eek:

Archived