Grand Cayman end of Feb...whats the chances of missing port?

hotlipss

50/50. Maybe you'll stop. Maybe you won't. :D

Seriously, though, I hope you DO get to stop! We missed it in December and we were so disappointed! I want to book another cruise that goes there in hopes we'll make it next time.

fingers crossed I guess....if u were going to miss the port when would they let u know?Will it then just be a sea day?

Sometimes they don't know until you are there and the harbor master closes the tender operations. That's what happened to me and Mach last September on the Conquest.

And yes, it just turns into a sea day and the port taxes are refunded to your S&S card and at GC I think that was about $20 or so.

You are far more likely to make port in the spring as opposed to the fall.

We were supposed to go to GC the third week of March once and we missed it - well some of us did. :( They allowed 3 tender boats to go and then they cancelled all tendering because the waves got too choppy and walking across to the tender boat was too dangerous. We were next in line to get off when they cancelled. :( Because there were three groups of people already off, we couldn't go to another port. So there we were, stuck in the water and able to see Grand Cayman, but not able to get there. I was upset and decided to lay out, fell asleep and fried myself crisp like a lobster. :o

Anyway, we should be going there on our end of February cruise and we're crossing our fingers we will make it this time. It's a toss up. Just depends on what the water is like that day. Good luck!

We were there with the Freedom last January. Seas were too rough to tender at the usual place (into the downtown area), but they found a spot a few miles away. All the excursion folks were there for us. We weren't able to snorkel (water was stirred up too much) so we went to 7 Mile beach. I saw a Disney ship in the "usual" place later that day...so I guess they decided to brave it.

A few extra dollars in cab fees to the new tendering area, but no big deal.

Peg

I'd say 20% chance is a good one. I always think about the person who came one here and had a wedding planned at GC during the port of call. Not a good idea!

We got married there a year and a half ago - no problems. Off the ship, married on seven mile beach, swam with stingrays, back on the ship.

Would do it again in a heartbeat. We figured that the chances of missing port were equal to the chances of Carnival screwing up a quasi ship board wedding ;)

On our February cruise aboard the Liberty last February the seas were really rough. They had to bring us around the other side of the island (not Georgetown) and tender us in from there. The ship cancelled most of their water excursions that day. We had luckily booked with Captain Marvin and he was still doing the Stingray City tour. We were about the only folks there.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be there march 1st on the Legend :) I thought it was end of Feb ...lol... can't wait..we have been there before and love seven mile beach!!

I will be on the Legend with you March 1st....I see only 3 Carnival ships in port that day.

Although this is my 3rd trip to GC I have yet to get to 7 mile beach,

Question: which part of 7 mb is the best if you want to try and snorkle from shore...or is that even possible?

Archived