Amtrak

bonezzz

I was wondering if anyone has taken amtrak from the central valley calif to san francisco? It looks like its stops at the ferry bld our pier for the sea princess is 27 has anyone walked it are there lots of cab avalible? What would you advise.we could take our car not sure if we want to leave it in a parking gargage in sf for 10 days.any opinions thanks again ALASKA in may

Please go to the Amtrak website http://www.amtrak.com and click on schedules. The San Joaquin

is the one that runs up the central valley. It stops at Emeryville and you get on the Amtrak bus to San Francisco. The bus goes to the ferry building and to Pier 39.

Here is the tricky part: Piers on one side of the ferry building are odd numbered, and even numbered on the other.

If you take the bus to Pier 39, it is a short taxi ride to pier 27.

thank you for your responce. I check with amtrack they told me for checked luggage we would have to take the bus from emeryville to the ferry bld can't take the one to pier 39 with luggage wierd huh.Figure we mite be able to walk from 39 to 27 not sure about the walk from the ferry bld

Archived