Native Choice - Ruins Tour

weihefamily

Has anyone used this company before for their tours while in Costa Maya? Do you recommend them?

I've read only good things. Ask me again at the end of February, I've booked this tour with them for my upcoming cruise. :)

..oops..just checked your post history. You are sailing next week. Have fun!

Has anyone used this company before for their tours while in Costa Maya? Do you recommend them?

We used them this past Tuesday. Very good. New air conditioned vans for transportation. Easy transportation between the port and their office, then direct back to the port. Certainly recommend them.

We haven't used them yet, but I have to say that their customer service so far has been wonderful, so I'm sure we'll be in good hands when we finally do get to take the tour in March. We had booked and prepaid a tour while our ship was in Costa Maya in December. However, DD became ill on the trip and we had to cancel our excursions. Now my sister is being kind enough to take us on a cruise with her in March and Native Way was kind enough to transfer our old reservation/payment to our new day in port in March. What a great way to run a business and build customer loyalty/word of mouth!:D

awesome...great to hear such positive things. I also have had great communication/service from them so far. Our cruise itinerary was changed and they were very prompt and courteous to change our reservation for us. Can't wait to to on the tour!

• 1 month later...
We used them a couple of weeks ago. We were impressed. Good tour. Very professional. Informative, but not exciting (don't think young kids would like it)

When you say young kids, how young would not enjoy it?..I am looking at this option, and have a 12 YO son, and daughters 16 and 19...

David

When you say young kids, how young would not enjoy it?..I am looking at this option, and have a 12 YO son, and daughters 16 and 19...

David

12 yo and up would be just fine, I'd say 7 and under may be bored. We just got back and we followed up the ruins tour with lunch at 100% Agave in Majahual. Everyone in our party (except me) said it was their best shore excursion day ever. I was having issues with my leg that day and couldn't climb at all. No fault of the guides though. The best sights there require a climb up some stone stairs with no railing.

12 yo and up would be just fine, I'd say 7 and under may be bored. We just got back and we followed up the ruins tour with lunch at 100% Agave in Majahual. Everyone in our party (except me) said it was their best shore excursion day ever. I was having issues with my leg that day and couldn't climb at all. No fault of the guides though. The best sights there require a climb up some stone stairs with no railing.

Thanks..

I thought I read about eating lunch with a family there ? ALthough sounds interesting, I'd prefer a restaurant, assume that is what you did ? Is that one of NativeChoices options ?

Also, I did read abnout some problems with people getting to the main office, misinformed ? Did you run into any issues with that ?

We may consider the Extreme Lagoon version, if I can convince myself we won't burn up too much time and be pushing getting back to the ship on time at 3pm..

DAvid

Thanks..

I thought I read about eating lunch with a family there ? ALthough sounds interesting, I'd prefer a restaurant, assume that is what you did ? Is that one of NativeChoices options ?

Also, I did read abnout some problems with people getting to the main office, misinformed ? Did you run into any issues with that ?

We may consider the Extreme Lagoon version, if I can convince myself we won't burn up too much time and be pushing getting back to the ship on time at 3pm..

DAvid

We asked them to drop us off in town instead of back at the port. 100% Agave restaurant is not one of their offerings (but should be). The confirmation I was emailed had correct instructions, very easy shuttle ride for free. If you add the kayak trip you will not have time to eat in town.

Unfortunately I have not used Native Choice as our ship was unable to dock last week due to weather. But I will say they were top notch about the deposit refund. By mid morning we received an email stating they were sorry we were unable to dock in there and that we would have a refund by that night, and it happened. This says a lot about a company and hope to use them soon.

We took Native Choice's Chaccoben Extreme Tour on 2/22/2011. It was wonderful! Ivan, the owner/founder of Native Choice, was our tour guide and he was incredible. Ivan was born and raised on the Chaccoben ruins property before the government took over the land and made it a national park excavating and reconstructing the ruins. He went away to college and went to the US to work for a few years and then came back to Costa Maya. He had incredible stories to tell us, he was a wealth of knowledge about the history of the country and ruins, he spoke clearly and made everything very interesting. My fellow cruise passengers spoke positively about the other Native Choice tour guides as well.

The transportation was nice, everyone was timely and personable. After the ruins tour we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and time at the lagoon. Lunch was very good and both lunch/drinks were provided. We ate overlooking the resort property and lagoon. The lagoon was goregeous, secluded, we could swim or kayak or just relax on lounge chairs. The guide that took us to the lagoon was also very educated and personable.

We took our 8 and 10 year olds and they were quite bored with the ruins tour, but that is of no fault of the tour guides, it was just a lot of history and education. It was worth the wait for the lagoon though for them.

We would use Native Choice again anytime, for any tour!

We just returned from a cruise to Costa Maya and used Native Choice. They were wonderful. Very professional operation. Transported us free to their office and then a lovely young girl rode with us to the ruins (about 30 minutes with commentary all the way. She then turned us over to a wonderful young man Elihu who conducted a great tour.Only 6 of us on our tour , so lots of time to ask questions etc. Very highly recommended.

Hi,

I have been trying to get in contact with Native tours and have gotten no response. To the people who emailed them, did you use there general email? I have tried that along with Ivan email. No response as of today.

Hi,

I have been trying to get in contact with Native tours and have gotten no response. To the people who emailed them, did you use there general email? I have tried that along with Ivan email. No response as of today.

I used the "contact" link on their website. Check your spam folder

I used the "contact" link on their website. Check your spam folder

No I just checked my spam filter and nothing... I am going to try my work email address to see if I will get a response.

thanks

I used the contact from their site and got quick response. We did the Mayan experience with the ruins and mayan village after. Had a most wonderful excusrion. You do have to look around for their transportation but just keep asking people and you'll find them. The lunch at the village was probably one of the best meals we had on our vacation and everything was sooo clean. Have fun, we did

• 2 weeks later...

we used Native Choices last week (sailed the Dream) for the Mayan experience tour. They were fantastic, very professional, knowledgeable and so accomodating. The tour guides were wonderful and made sure that we had a great day. We visited with the family in the Mayan village and enjoyed the most delicious lunch ... this was the highlight of our vacation. I communicated with Ivan through the contact link on their website and got a reply within an hour each time.

I would highly recommend these folks and will definately use them again during my next visit to Costa Maya

• 2 weeks later...

I am late to posting this - glad to hear that Ivan and Native Choice are consistently good! We had a really nice tour of several pyramids and interesting educational info from Ivan and crew. I left a hat in one of the vans and it was returned to me before I had even realized I misplaced it. All success to them.

We did.

The driver let all the people who bought tickets board the first shuttle and left us standing. The ticket seller then made the next driver let us board. It was a very frustrating start to what turned out to be an incredible day.

I hope that Native Choice has worked out a new arrangement.

Archived