Booking Freedom tomorrow through TA - just got notice

Hi everyone,

I just received an email from my TA for booking FOS tomorrow. Here is what they wrote:

The Freedom of the SeasSM will be departing from Miami, Florida on a 7-Night Western Caribbean itinerary. The year-round itinerary will set sail every Sunday between June 4, 2006 - April 29, 2007. Ports of call for this itinerary include Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Labadee, Hispaniola. Lead prices for this itinerary start at $1,299 pp interior, $1,499 pp ocean view, $1,649 pp balcony

and $2,349 pp deluxe for the Peak Season and $699 pp interior, $848 pp ocean view, $947 pp balcony and $1,449 pp deluxe for the Fall.

Rules for booking are simple since we are taking advance bookings only.

1. Call us at <number removed per posting policy>

2. Provide us with one Crown and Anchor number per booking

3. Provide us with your requested sailing date (you can provide us with first and second choices)

4. Provide us with your requested cabin type

5. Provide us with your credit card number for a $ 250 pp deposit. (This deposit is fully refundable until final payment which is 71 days prior to sailing)

6. Your reservation will be processes within 48 hours and you will receive a confirmation. At that time we will be able to provide you the appropriate pricing.

What I find interesting is that they apparently NOT planning on giving final pricing over the phone...could it be that this is what is going to happen during bookings tomorrow? That we pick the cabin type and then they'll tell us how much the final cost is later? It'll be interesting to see how everything actually goes.

I'm putting this up in case other TAs have this same ability to book tomorrow; it may be easier to call a TA than to try to call C&A directly.

I apologize if this has already been posted...didn't see this in the scanned titles.

Cheers,

Esther

As I'm a TA, I'm posting an excerpt from a correspondence I got from RCCL several days ago. It seems to confirm the fact that priving and availability will not be available till booking.

Reggie:D

All completed forms will be processed within 48 hours and will receive a

>confirmation fax in return. Pricing and availability will be confirmed

>only at time of booking.

>

>Advance reservations for Crown & Anchor Members will begin February 28

>through March 14. A valid Crown & Anchor Membership number must be listed

>on the form for at least one guest in each stateroom.

>

In short, it seems that people who book in this period will book sight and price unseen and then be told what they are paying. If you all thought paying for Johnny Rockets set a precedent in being fleeced then this takes the cake. If there is high initial demand they will up the price not on future customers, but on you. The balance between company and consumer is totally out of wack as it is, but this sure looks like sheep to the slaughter.

Jerry

Guest OBAYbee

Do you think that people who call RCCL themselves to book a room will also not be given info for 48 hours? Or is it the travel agencies with their lists of customers they have on a waiting list?

Archived