Turtle Farm w/a toddler?

BethV114

We'll be in Grand Cayman in March and DD will be 18 months at the time. We're looking for something to do with her while in port. I was thinking possibly the Turtle Farm and was wondering if any has had any recent experiences there, especially with small children. If so, I would love to know your thoughts.

I'm of two minds on this one. First, get the more expensive pass that allows for swimming and just spend the bulk of our day there since they seem to have decent facilities and a few different things to do if DD gets bored or fussy. My second thought was to purchase the less expensive pass that allows just a tour of the turtle farm, without the swimming, and then head to the beach afterwards. Comments, suggestions, etc. would be highly appreciated!

We went to the Turtle Farm last April, I love turtles so I was quite happy there. We didn't do the park/beach area but from what I saw/remember it looked fun for a toddler. I did some checking and TripAdvisor has several comments on the farm; many of the posters didn't realize the farm raised turtles for both conservation and to provide meat to local restaurants. One of the posters had a toddler who seemed to love it there.

have a great trip!

Archived