Taxi or bus from turtle Farm to Seven miles or Rum Point beach

us_matrix

Hi all,

First time to Caribbean and will be there in Feb by Carnival Freedom. I have two kids 3 and 6 and planning to take half day (Turtle tour only) and then half day to seven miles or rum point beach. Do you guys think if it is possible to do BOTH (Turtle Farm and beach) and get back to the ship on time?

Anyone knows what transportation available from Turtle farm to seven miles beach or Rum point if I leave at noon? Or I should just take the transportation provided by Turtle farm to port first and then take a bus or taxi to seven miles or rum point beach again? BTW, How far is rum point beach from Turtle farm? I knew serven miles is close to the port.

Thanks.

Mugen

You have to drive the full length of Seven Mile Beach to get to the Turtle Farm from the cruise tender docks. If you take a Turtle Farm tour, moat any tour operator will be happy to drop you off along Seven Mile Beach on the way back.

There are usually taxis waiting at the popular stops along Seven Mile Beach to take you back to the port once you are done with your beach time. Otherwise you can walk across the road and catch a bus heading back into town. The bus depot is two blocks from the docks.

It would be about a 1 hour ride from the Turtle Farm to Rum Point and at least US$80 one way. You would then need to arrange to pay the driver to wait (more $$$) to take you back (another $80) because there are no taxis waiting at Rum Point. Buses do not go to Rum Point.

Thanks and I would just go seven miles beach instead since Rum point is too far.

For the turtle farm tour. The web site shows leaving time is 12 and 1:30 from the provided transportation. What if I leave early for seven miles beach. Is there any bus stop or tax at the turtle farm to seven miles beach? How much per person?

Archived