EPIC - Shows

cruising ag

I've read several posts where shows were booked on the first day of sailing. How many shows are there in the evening? Maybe I'm reading the post wrong but I'm getting the feeling there aren't enough shows for all of the passengers.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

on saturday there was blue man group at 7 and 10.

howl at the moon from 9-11

and legends unplugged at 9.30

there are def a few choices every night. not all of them require reservations...

but if you can book, why not?

you can always change them with notice if they have an extra charge...

or if you miss it... book another showing

we did not book cirque right away. and when we wanted to book it mid week found that there was only 1 night we could see it(at 2 dif times), the other 2 were full.

I've read several posts where shows were booked on the first day of sailing. How many shows are there in the evening? Maybe I'm reading the post wrong but I'm getting the feeling there aren't enough shows for all of the passengers.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

Yes, Epic theatre is too small for the number of passengers (well over 4500).

Therefore it can accommodate only 2 main shows during 7-nt cruise (repeated several times).

Also there is a usual "addition" in bars/lounges (bands, pianos, comedians). Those are small rooms and of course they are not designed to accommodate all the passengers.

Noteworthy is Cirque&Dinner - takes place in a separate "cirque tent". Extra charge. Long and boring. Nice for children.

Entertainment highlightes are Blue Men Group (one of the 2 main shows, reservation required) and a performance of comedy magician Jeff Hobson (no reservation required).

We saw all the program in 4 days.

Does anyone remember what nights Jeff the comedian/magician was on? I read he was only on in the beginning of the week.

When we were on the ship in November, Jeff performed Day 1 at 10:00 p.m. in the Spiegel Tent, Day 4 at 11:15 p.m. and day 5 at 11:15 p.m. in the Epic Theatre. While we did not see him perform in the Spiegel Tent, it certainly holds alot less people than the Epic Theatre. You do not book reservations for these shows as far as I know, however, getting to see him perform in the Epic Theatre would definitely be the venue to catch his performance as seating is abundant. He is NOT to be missed. You will laugh till you cry, okay maybe not, but he is good!

When we were on the ship in November, Jeff performed Day 1 at 10:00 p.m. in the Spiegel Tent, Day 4 at 11:15 p.m. and day 5 at 11:15 p.m. in the Epic Theatre. While we did not see him perform in the Spiegel Tent, it certainly holds alot less people than the Epic Theatre. You do not book reservations for these shows as far as I know, however, getting to see him perform in the Epic Theatre would definitely be the venue to catch his performance as seating is abundant. He is NOT to be missed. You will laugh till you cry, okay maybe not, but he is good!

Thank you

He has no firm schedule.

Check it once you are on board.

Is his schedule posted for the whole week somewhere on the first day?

Can you pre-book the entertainment on the Epic? I don't see that as an option when I'm logged in. Is there a certain date it becomes available to book?

Thanks!

Yes you can and it will open to you 45 days prior to your sail date.

Noteworthy is Cirque&Dinner - takes place in a separate "cirque tent". Extra charge. Long and boring. Nice for children.

We did the Cirque & Dinner and I would have to disagree with you. It was not long and boring, and I would take exception to your comment as being "nice for children". I would think a child would not enjoy the show as much as an adult. We paid $20.00 for our seats and sat upstairs, which in our opinion was where the best seats in the house were. Seating upstairs is limited and therefore should you choose to do this show, get in line early so you will have the opportunity to sit upstairs. In some areas downstairs it would really be hard to see the same performance which we saw from the upper level. In our opinion the premium sets should be considered as being upstairs, and worth the higher charge of $30.00.

Archived